Jake - Sid - Kapp (uggh Erod currently)
Zuck - Geno - Rust

Option 2 (likely the best option)
Zuck - Sid - Kapp
Jake - Geno - Rust

Option 3 (could work?)
Jake - Sid - Rust
Zuck - Geno - Kapp

The third option just leaves too many questions for me right now. The main issue is that we currently have no clue who Kapp works best with.

Last edited:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The question there is which combo's will work the best

Option 1 (current)
Jake - Sid - Kapp (uggh Erod currently)
Zuck - Geno - Rust

Option 2 (likely the best option)
Zuck - Sid - Kapp
Jake - Geno - Rust

Option 3 (could work?)
Jake - Sid - Rust
Zuck - Geno - Kapp

The third option just leaves too many questions for me right now. The main issue is that we currently have no clue with Kapp works best with.
Option 2 for me.

If Kap fails on both lines then I'd go with Tanev on L1. If that fails then McCann.

As for tonight, I'd go with Lafferty.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the effort to make a cool GDT @Ugene Malkin

Might be the only penguins related effort there is today

Thanks...:thumbu:

I was thinking people were mad at me or something, but probably it just hits on the times too much.:laugh:

Swords in the wind..., Or, is it fists/torches/pitchforks/screams in the wind?

LGP!
ihoP2SE.png

Last edited:

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Option 2 for me.

If Kap fails on both lines then I'd go with Tanev on L1. If that fails then McCann.

As for tonight, I'd go with Lafferty.
I definitely agree about Option 2. However moving Lafferty to the top line doesn't allow him to develop chemistry with Blueger on the 4th, which is fine, but then it would likely mean that he'd be the one scratched when Kappy can play.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Just thinking about it a little more, I don't think Geno would care that much if he currently had to play with Erod...at least he doesn't have JJ-Schultz behind him for 90% of the game.

Reactions: Gurglesons

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
What will be Rodrigues’ ice time tonight? Over or under 30 min?

Make your bet!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tbh I'd go with these forward lines until Kapanen gets back:

Guentzel-Crosby-Zucker
McCann-Malkin-Rust
Tanev-Jankowski-ERod
Sceviour-Blueger-Lafferty

I think Tanev is the main driving force for that 3rd line being good, so I don't think it loses a ton by taking McCann off that line.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
People need to realize that Rodriguez is a placeholder for Kapanen. He is not leaving the 1st line until Kapanen can play because moving him would alter all the other lines. He'll be gone in a few games and then you can all move on to making Kapanen the whipping boy.
its saying that out of all the players we have left rodrig is the best for that job. not sure i agree with that.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Positive lineup changes. Hopefully they make a difference. You'll all be very shocked to learn I doubt that they will.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Matheson-Ruh actually really nice. Better than Ceci LOL.

Ceci experiment already expired!
not sure about that. but any good coach having two players coming to a new team and coming off a poor year. [and a shot camp] would want to bring them along slowly. giving them sheltered min. and/or giving them a solid partner to help them as much as possible.......only a complete fool would throw them together and expect them to do well. ....... unless the coach was trying to show someone up.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah playing two projects and/or rather poor players together on defense and giving them too many minutes is basically the coach saying "hey yeah we're just here for f***around time." This team doesn't have the luxury of trying to be cute or cultivating misguided pet projects really ever but especially this weird-ass year.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tbh I'd go with these forward lines until Kapanen gets back:

Guentzel-Crosby-Zucker
McCann-Malkin-Rust
Tanev-Jankowski-ERod
Sceviour-Blueger-Lafferty

I think Tanev is the main driving force for that 3rd line being good, so I don't think it loses a ton by taking McCann off that line.

Zucker, Crosby, Tanev
Guentzel, Malkin, Rust
McCann, Jankowski, Lafferty
E-rod, Blueger, Sceviour

Until Kap is in could get the two top lines going.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I hear Zucker Malkin and Rust looked utterly dominant in practice this morning. Josh Yohe reportedly had to pick Sullivan's jaw up off the ice for him. People were high fiving. Someone broke out a guitar and started playing some Bob Marley. It was quite the celebration.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hear Zucker Malkin and Rust looked utterly dominant in practice this morning. Josh Yohe reportedly had to pick Sullivan's jaw up off the ice for him. People were high fiving. Someone broke out a guitar and started playing some Bob Marley. It was quite the celebration.

lol...I’ll believe it when I see them score some points in a game...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah playing two projects and/or rather poor players together on defense and giving them too many minutes is basically the coach saying "hey yeah we're just here for f***around time." This team doesn't have the luxury of trying to be cute or cultivating misguided pet projects really ever but especially this weird-ass year.

I’m still confused as hell how a NHL GM and NHL coaching staff all watched CC film, then decided he fit this system.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I’m still confused as hell how a NHL GM and NHL coaching staff all watched CC film, then decided he fit this system.

Well he was just SITTING there in free agency and at such a bargain price! He couldn't NOT sign him! Ceci was a name on a ton of people's tongues last season! Uh... granted... for all the wrong reasons but hey -- any attention is good attention, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad