GDT: Penguins vs. Flyers |Fri, Jan 15 - 7:00 PM WFC | "Clash of the PA Gods"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They are dropping Matheson out of the top four.

Obviously Sullivan doesn’t trust both Matheson and Ceci to be on the same line.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I don't think it's reflective of them being unhappy with Ceci as much as it is them being more comfortable with someone familiar with the system on the 3rd pair instead of 2 guys who aren't familiar. I'll be impressed if Sullivan is doing this in 20 games, right now can be explained with just thinking Ceci needs more time to get familiar with the system.

I mean he blows. That’s kinda on him. Not his fault coaches play him and teams sign him but he’s just not a good player.

Waste of coin to bring him in but whatever. One year, not JJ-sink-my-partner-bad and at least its RHD depth until he’s inevitably traded out.

That's not relevant to the point I made.

I know this website wants to talk about how shitty Ceci is at every second, but that's not relevant to the point I was making.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
That's not relevant to the point I made.

you said he didn’t do anything to play himself out of the lineup...... he looked like Cody Ceci. Which is not looking good, and not be trusted with a volatile d-man like Matheson.

So Sully is dropping him. It’s an exact response to your point.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
you said he didn’t do anything to play himself out of the lineup...... he looked like Cody Ceci. Which is not looking good, and not be trusted with a volatile d-man like Matheson.

So Sully is dropping him. It’s an exact response to your point.

And "looking like Cody Ceci" was enough to him be a top-4 D for the last 5 years for 2 different teams and a bunch of different coaches.

So either Sullivan is significantly different than a bunch of other coaches, which would surprise me based on other roster decisions he has made, or he's making a decision based on something other than how Ceci performed.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Ceci out and Matheson to the bottom pair

giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Two teams with awful defenses.

Neat. Doesn't refute my point.

The point I'm making here is that Sullivan isn't this super unique coach that somehow sees Ceci for something he's not. Cody Ceci is Cody Ceci. He is what he is. I'm really doubtful that Sullivan has this grand idea that he sucks and all of Ceci's other coaches were just wrong, when it makes a hell of a lot more sense that they want someone familiar with the system on the 3rd pair with Matheson and feel Ceci isn't there yet.

Get back to me in 20 games if Sullivan is doing it, then I'll be impressed. The point I'm making here is an attack on Sullivan, not a defense of Ceci.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Neat. Doesn't refute my point.

The point I'm making here is that Sullivan isn't this super unique coach that somehow sees Ceci for something he's not. Cody Ceci is Cody Ceci. He is what he is. I'm really doubtful that Sullivan has this grand idea that he sucks and all of Ceci's other coaches were just wrong, when it makes a hell of a lot more sense that they want someone familiar with the system on the 3rd pair with Matheson and feel Ceci isn't there yet.

Get back to me in 20 games if Sullivan is doing it, then I'll be impressed.

I mean extrapolation of your opinion doesn’t make it fact.

He scratched Ceci after G1. I think that says as much as it needs to.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean extrapolation of your opinion doesn’t make it fact.

He scratched Ceci after G1. I think that says as much as it needs to.

And your opinion that he's scratching Ceci because he thinks Ceci sucks isn't a fact either :laugh:

Like I said, get back to me in 20 games. If he's still doing it then, I'll be impressed. Right now, I'm willing to bet that it's about Sullivan thinking Ceci needs more time in the system to cover for Matheson's flaws.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
And "looking like Cody Ceci" was enough to him be a top-4 D for the last 5 years for 2 different teams and a bunch of different coaches.

Just saying that you said Ceci didn’t “do anything” and I’d disagree.

He was meh at best and clearly Sullivan before the year was looking to use him as a PKer. He took a real bad penalty after getting torched and the PK was booty, so that’s why I disagree with your assessment. Ceci brought nothing positive to game 1.

And my point about him being Cody Ceci is because of his track record they don’t trust him to play with Matheson which is probably smart.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This place: Mike Sullivan is an idiot that makes illogical lineup decisions
Me: Sullivan's track record of overplaying bad/questionable players makes me skeptical that this is reflective of his opinion on Ceci
This place: No you're wrong, Mike Sullivan is definitely a genius and realizes Ceci sucks after just 1 game

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
This place: Mike Sullivan is an idiot that makes illogical lineup decisions
Me: Sullivan's track record of overplaying bad/questionable players makes me skeptical that this is reflective of his opinion on Ceci
This place: No you're wrong, Mike Sullivan is definitely a genius and realizes Ceci sucks after just 1 game
This place = pixies

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Back to the game: obv we need punch from the big 3– but Jake has got to be more of a factor on that top line, especially when a replacement level guy like Erod is riding shotgun.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Haha Ceci couldn’t even make it to game two before getting scratched.

tenor.gif

Solid signing.

Why is ERod still ruining Sid’s line. Get him off that line already.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Haha Ceci couldn’t even make it to game two before getting scratched.

tenor.gif

Solid signing.

Why is ERod still ruining Sid’s line. Get him off that line already.

While ERod should be off that line (maybe try Sceviour or Lafferty, wouldn’t break up L3) make no mistake Sid ruined that line on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad