GDT: Penguins vs. Flyers |Fri, Jan 15 - 7:00 PM WFC | "Clash of the PA Gods"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Haha Ceci couldn’t even make it to game two before getting scratched.

"I don’t think he had a bad year. He was a healthy scratch at the end of the season. I know the reason why. It wasn’t because of how he was playing." - Galaxy Brain Jim Rutherford once again outsmarting the competition

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Ceci took a stupid penalty early on to allow the flyers back into it. He wasnt terrible but I believe Pettersson helped that out.

People underrate Petts for how steady he is. I think a big part of this move is to help Marino. He had a bad game. He is only in his second year and not flawless. It is smart to give him some support.

And same with Matheson. Give him a guy who knows the system and can be steady.

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
Matheson-Ruh actually really nice. Better than Ceci LOL.

Ceci experiment already expired!

Reactions: ownal

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
People need to realize that Rodriguez is a placeholder for Kapanen. He is not leaving the 1st line until Kapanen can play because moving him would alter all the other lines. He'll be gone in a few games and then you can all move on to making Kapanen the whipping boy.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Meh f*** the 1st line. Overrated slackers.

Canner - Jank - Tanev are the new hype. Would be sick if they bagged two again so I could ping @Andy99 about it.

End of the day we got our championships already. It's all about the memes at this point.

People need to realize that Rodriguez is a placeholder for Kapanen. He is not leaving the 1st line until Kapanen can play because moving him would alter all the other lines. He'll be gone in a few games and then you can all move on to making Kapanen the whipping boy.
Who do you replace him with though? McCann - Jank - Tanev were our best line and scored 2 goals.

Really wanna break them up? :huh:

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

If you are losing you kind of need to make adjustments to try and win the game

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Overall I am just glad they are starting to adjust. Hopefully it continues and they start to make in games one as well.

They dont need to fully change the lines but throw Tanev, Lafferty of even TB on line one or two for spark here and there.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Really though. When we avoid touching other lines, we risk losing real-world points that will probably have a huge impact on whether we make the post-season this year.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Really though. When we avoid touching other lines, we risk losing real-world points that will probably have a huge impact on whether we make the post-season this year.

Yeah I wouldn’t have touched L3 because they looked like the only line that could score but there are still a lot of other combinations Sully could have made.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
People argued with me when I said that Ceci's spot in the lineup wasn't set in stone and that they would likely rotate.

The sooner people just start taking what I say as gospel, the better off they will be.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
You still don't break up the only good line from Game #1...yet. The 3rd line was great and if Sully is making any changes he better leave them alone. The tough part about this short season is that you don't have time to try too many things if you also want to build chemistry. They managed to do the one thing that most people on here thought was impossible for this team...finding a 3rd line that works. I would bet that the reason Sully isn't going to move ERod yet is because he wants the other 3 lines to be consistent and that doesn't happen if they aren't playing together. I don't agree with Sully on the second line, but it's also not necessarily up to him as Sid seems to get what he wants.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
You still don't break up the only good line from Game #1...yet. The 3rd line was great and if Sully is making any changes he better leave them alone. The tough part about this short season is that you don't have time to try too many things if you also want to build chemistry. They managed to do the one thing that most people on here thought was impossible for this team...finding a 3rd line that works. I would bet that the reason Sully isn't going to move ERod yet is because he wants the other 3 lines to be consistent and that doesn't happen if they aren't playing together. I don't agree with Sully on the second line, but it's also not necessarily up to him as Sid seems to get what he wants.

My other posts said I wouldn’t break up L3. That wasn’t Sully’s only option and the other lines were good enough not to make some adjustments

RSPens

May 25, 2015
My other posts said I wouldn’t break up L3. That wasn’t Sully’s only option and the other lines were good enough not to make some adjustments
I get that, I was more trying to comment on the fact that it is going to be tough with the shorter season when it comes to trying new combos. My biggest beef with the roster is the fact that Zucker and Rust don't really work well together, at least with Geno. I'm with a lot of people here who thinks they should be running the GMR line, but it is a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad