Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael8771*

I think you're the last fighter in the ring even attempting to beat that horse anymore. It just seems Johnston truly believes they belong there.
And that alone is reason enough he should be fired. I cannot imagine a guy like Babcock letting Sill see the NHL. I am amazed just how inept this organizations ability to evaluate talent is.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
You should know that when it comes to playing an actual hockey that the Pens are not that terrible. Even last night, they were pretty solid on PK. The Hawks are not scoring more than 4 goals tonight, get real. We might lose, but it won´t be a blowout.

Even if a team plays well, they can end up in a blowout - that is the thing about hockey. Throw in a few bounces and the Kings could end up 3-8 against Buffalo.

Blowout is entirely possible. Bad passing, bad transition, shaky defense? Chances go up.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm guessing low scoring game... 2-1 or 3-2 hawks. Regulation or OT.

I guess that is one positive. We can look like complete crap and still get a point. And often do.

To move into being somewhat positive, we are not as bad as we looked. We have been injured. And unlike the past few years I actually like the team we built, and it seems that the team has a clue on what to work on for the playoffs. Well not the past few weeks, but in general this year.

I wouldn't count them out when the real season begins in April. In fact other teams may take them lightly, which would be very dangerous for them.

Michael8771*

JR has to take Sill and Adams off the roster like Shero took Ouellet (I think it was him) off the roster when he was Therrien's teacher's pet.
I really don't understand this. What the **** do they do to warrant nhl jobs? Seriously? I can see Adams playing maybe half the games as a last resort PKer due to injuries, but that's about it.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
The Pens were solid on the PK, that's about it. Their offensive game was terrible and they could barely complete passes. If the Flyers weren't so bad, we would have gotten smacked yesterday. We did not play even remotely well last night.
They came out on fire, outshooting the Flyers 14-0 in first 10 minutes. Then they´ve lost their heads after one incident and started to play pond hockey. It wasn´t even close to an actual NHL game, but that´s what happens when the Pens play the Flyers and some other Metro teams as well. The Hawks are not in their heads, though, so it´s very likely to be different tonight.

penguins2946*

They came out on fire, outshooting the Flyers 14-0 in first 10 minutes. Then they´ve lost their heads after one incident and started to play pond hockey. It wasn´t even close to an actual NHL game, but that´s what happens when the Pens play the Flyers and some other Metro teams as well. The Hawks are not in their heads, though, so it´s very likely to be different tonight.

Yeah, that's because the Flyers are a really bad team.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
And that alone is reason enough he should be fired. I cannot imagine a guy like Babcock letting Sill see the NHL. I am amazed just how inept this organizations ability to evaluate talent is.

Can't say I disagree. The true test will be who is in the lineup when Comeau and Hornqvist are back. Wouldn't be surprised if Comeau sat at this point, lol.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
going to the game
fezzik.jpg

I hope we win

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I really don't understand this. What the **** do they do to warrant nhl jobs? Seriously? I can see Adams playing maybe half the games as a last resort PKer due to injuries, but that's about it.

From a coaching perspective, Adams may just be one of those guys coaches fall in love with for "veteran presence" or "PKing ability" that are otherwise worthless.

From a GM perspective, since Adams has a 35+ contract, waiving him doesn't take his cap hit off the Penguins books unless he's claimed by another team.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Message to stat nerds:

Can you find out what the PP% is when Martin is at the point historically?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Message to stat nerds:

Tough task historically, but it´s probably close to 0% this year. Tocchet probably disagrees, though. Letang is no PP wizard, not even close to that, but he´s probably our best option now. Unfortunately. Ehrhoff doesn´t look like a solution either, he´s very underwhelming offensively.

Michael8771*

Can't say I disagree. The true test will be who is in the lineup when Comeau and Hornqvist are back. Wouldn't be surprised if Comeau sat at this point, lol.
Unfortunately stranger things have occurred here.

From a coaching perspective, Adams may just be one of those guys coaches fall in love with for "veteran presence" or "PKing ability" that are otherwise worthless.

From a GM perspective, since Adams has a 35+ contract, waiving him doesn't take his cap hit off the Penguins books unless he's claimed by another team.
Addition by subtraction. Honestly, if Adams ran Geno and Pouliot in practice, he should have been sent to the minors right then and there. Like it or not this team needs to understand where their proverbial bread is buttered. And it's not with ****ing Adams or Sill!

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Addition by subtraction. Honestly, if Adams ran Geno and Pouliot in practice, he should have been sent to the minors right then and there. Like it or not this team needs to understand where their proverbial bread is buttered. And it's not with ****ing Adams or Sill!

I tend to agree. $700k is buttwipe money. It won't kill the Penguins if that cap hit is still on their books while Adams is in WBS.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Tough task historically, but it´s probably close to 0% this year. Tocchet probably disagrees, though. Letang is no PP wizard, not even close to that, but he´s probably our best option now. Unfortunately. Ehrhoff doesn´t look like a solution either, he´s very underwhelming offensively.

Just with the Pens.

Idiot pig Madden with his daily: "MARTIN HAS TO BE ON THE POINT BECAUSE HE'S A PURE PUCK DISTRIBUTOR!!!"

Moron. Clueless. The PK doesn't respect Martin in the least because he's not a threat to shoot. Cheat away from him and turns the PP into a 4.5 vs. 4. **** I hate this team's media coverage.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Unfortunately stranger things have occurred here.

Even ROOT seems to have a bizarre cult-love for Adams. I just don't understand it at all.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Even ROOT seems to have a bizarre cult-love for Adams. I just don't understand it at all.

ROOT Sports tries to appeal to the worst kinds of yinzers who probably like Adams because he's a "great veteran presence" and "works really hard" and has "paid his dues."

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Message to stat nerds:

Not percentage, but his goal production on the PP the last 4 years is at 6.67 goal/60min. Niskanen is at 6.36, Letang at 7.30.

This year? Martin has played 50min and and was on ice for one PP goal, Ehrhoff played around 80 min for 5 goals, and Letang played 145min for 27. That is 1.15 goals/60 min for Martin this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad