Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If they can't throw the book at a scrub like Rinaldo then there really is no hope.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Who cares about Rinaldo's suspension??? The Flyers certainly won't be missing him.

Rinaldo for Letang is a tradeoff that the Flyers will take any day of the week...

True but it would be nice if the league started cracking down on this stuff. These slap on the wrist suspensions are why these dirty hits keep happening. It's also why scrubs like Rinaldo still have jobs in the league. The league could easily stop this crap if they cracked down on the players, coaches and teams that do these type of things but they never really do. For some reason they allow scrubs that can't play and can't sell tickets to run around and cause injuries to players that can play and can sell tickets. I've never understood it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
For some reason they allow scrubs that can't play and can't sell tickets to run around and cause injuries to players that can play and can sell tickets. I've never understood it.

It's because the league is largely run by a bunch of old boys club dinosaur morons who somehow think guys like Rinaldo more represent the "old time hockey" that they so pine to go back to. That's an oversimplification, I'm sure... but probably not by much.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I feel bad for Goc after reading his comments about trying to stay in the line-up.

As if he had done anything to warrant being out of the line-up in the first place.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
But he feels bad.

Do whatever you want but say you feel bad after and it's all okay.

reactions-monkey-joke-drums-drum-not-funny-punchline-rimshot.gif

That's what I think of them, a bad joke.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I feel bad for Goc after reading his comments about trying to stay in the line-up.

As if he had done anything to warrant being out of the line-up in the first place.

This whole season has probably been half a nightmare for him.

I'm impressed he can even bring himself to say the "right" things, at this point. Lord knows what he's actually thinking. Outside of "Never again, with these guys" of course.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Does anyone think they might have done it so they might have a fresh body or two come the second of back to back games?

Possibly, if they wanted both Sill and Farnham in the lineup then scratching Acrobello made the most sense, they could have always swapped him back in for Farnham for the Chicago game. I'm fed up with this Anti Energy line garbage.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This whole season has probably been half a nightmare for him.

I'm impressed he can even bring himself to say the "right" things, at this point. Lord knows what he's actually thinking. Outside of "Never again, with these guys" of course.

If I were him I certainly wouldn't come back.

What kind of self-respecting player of Goc's calibre would want to play every game with Sill/Adams, let alone get scratched so those two slugs can stay in the line-up?

Show's just how low down the priority list he is.

Does anyone think they might have done it so they might have a fresh body or two come the second of back to back games?

He's not a goalie. I don't see the reasoning there.

penguins2946*

From McKenzie, it looks like Letang is out and Malkin is in tonight. Pouliot gets in the lineup now. Our D group tonight is:

Harrington-Martin
Scuderi-Ehrhoff
Pouliot-Bortuzzo

Pass me the barf bag please.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I haven't seen those yet.

Basically the whole "I gotta work harder to get in the coach's good graces" routine.

The stuff you typically hear from role players who have just been HSed in favor of someone younger/better/both. In our team's case, though... Adams and Sill.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
NHL suspends based on injury. Letang's a game time decision tonight, so it goes without saying that Rinaldo will probably get like 4 games or something. Dude should be suspended for the rest of the year, he's a disaster.

Yeah, I would have kept Letang on the shelf until after the suspension was handed down. Considering all the press his Pejorative Slured comments are getting it's hard to believe the NHL can go easy on him but I think they come down even harder if Letang feigns injury until after the decision is made.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Boy, NBC really pulling this rivalry stuff out of midair. Non Winter classic outdoor game reminiscing. Really?

Liked Toews answer.

What makes this such a good rivalry, JT?

Er, well, we never play each other, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino