Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Let´s move on from the Flyers crap.

Seriously, I don´t know what to expect from this game, but probably nothing good. The Pens own the West, but with the way they are playing lately, it´s hard to imagine anything but an another loss.

The sad thing is that I don´t even care about the Pens these days. I´m sure that I will get my focus back at some point this season but part of me wants to win and part of me wants to get them as many slaps in the face as possible. This team just isn´t playing hockey the right way now and coaching staff 100%-ly deserves these losses as well.

Also, Chicago has a healthy team right now. I don´t even know how that feels anymore.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I predict that the blackhawks look at us, laugh until they wet themselves, go out and get ripped the night before because they do not take us seriously, and this happens to Toews, Hossa and Kane.

Oh yeah, and we still lose 6-2 with the Blackhawks scoring on 5 of their 10 pp's and us going 0-1 on the PP.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Chicago actually had a similar month to the Penguins. Trouble with their defense, losing against divisional rivals, same amount of losses, one more win. But man, I think this would a hard game if the Blackhawks played badly and the Penguins actually played good. Like this? Without Despres and Letang?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Chicago actually had a similar month to the Penguins. Trouble with their defense, losing against divisional rivals, same amount of losses, one more win. But man, I think this would a hard game if the Blackhawks played badly and the Penguins actually played good. Like this? Without Despres and Letang?
Hawks are not that impressive, for sure. But they are still a better team than the Pens, even when we´re healthy. Without Comeau, Hornqvist, Dupuis, Maatta, Letang, Despres now?? Yeah, it´s not even close on the paper.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Let´s move on from the Flyers crap.

Seriously, I don´t know what to expect from this game, but probably nothing good. The Pens own the West, but with the way they are playing lately, it´s hard to imagine anything but an another loss.

The sad thing is that I don´t even care about the Pens these days. I´m sure that I will get my focus back at some point this season but part of me wants to win and part of me wants to get them as many slaps in the face as possible. This team just isn´t playing hockey the right way now and coaching staff 100%-ly deserves these losses as well.

Also, Chicago has a healthy team right now. I don´t even know how that feels anymore.

The Hawks are nowhere near as banged up as you guys but we are missing Versteeg who was playing 2LW and having a great bounce back year with 27 points in 34 games before he got a broken hand in the Winter Classic, and Trevor vanRiemsdyk who was our #5 d-man before having his knee broken a couple months ago.

I was stopping in to see if Letang was playing. One of the Hawks beat writers tweeted the Pens were having an option practice and Letang was on the ice. Any definitive news on that?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hawks are not that impressive, for sure. But they are still a better team than the Pens, even when we´re healthy. Without Comeau, Hornqvist, Dupuis, Maatta, Letang, Despres now?? Yeah, it´s not even close on the paper.

Is this when we here about how the Islanders are better than the Hawks?

The Hawks are the best team in the league. Granted, it is only because LA lost Voynov, but still their depth at forward and defense is amazing. The way Toews and Kane show up is amazing. The way Shaw and Hossa are the "passengers" on their line is amazing.

The Hawks are everything this Pens team should be. We just need players like Seabrook that can calm down the Pens. It would be interesting to see what would've happened if that Letang hit had been performed in the playoffs. Same thing happened against the Blues for the Hawks to one of their main defensemen.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I was stopping in to see if Letang was playing. One of the Hawks beat writers tweeted the Pens were having an option practice and Letang was on the ice. Any definitive news on that?

Game time decision according to coach. I doubt he plays. Too many concussion issues to just throw him right in. That being said, it didn't seem like he actually went out and he recovered pretty quickly from the last hit like that against the Stars.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Gotta hope Chicago is looking ahead to there all star break vacations.

If the Hawks are motivated for this one its going to be a long night for the pens.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I hope they get killed tonight so perhaps somebody who counts finally wakes up.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

He probably won't play - at least he shouldn't - and the Penguins are missing Despres due to sickness (with Maatta out for the season), so the Blackhawks can do their thing against AHL rookies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
The Hawks are nowhere near as banged up as you guys but we are missing Versteeg who was playing 2LW and having a great bounce back year with 27 points in 34 games before he got a broken hand in the Winter Classic, and Trevor vanRiemsdyk who was our #5 d-man before having his knee broken a couple months ago.

Letang is a game-time decision, no more news on that front.. Also, considering our injuries, missing only Kris Versteeg=being healthy. In our definitions that is.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
this is not what perron expected, that's for sure. he thought he was escaping death but slipped right into his trap

i hope pouliot plays instead of letang

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I'm just hoping that tonight's game resembles a hockey game, not a street brawl.
It will be. The Hawks actually care about playing hockey. When the Pens are in these type of games, they usually do pretty good as well. It should be a good one, but better team is a better team at the end of the day. Probably.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
People predicting a Pens loss because of the joke last game was... funny thing is... this is actually the kind of game the Pens tend to win IMO. Good team they never see and don't have to nut up for. They just have to worry about playing hockey, which they can do decently well. Hawks are still better so of course they might win, but this "Pens lose by 7" stuff seems reactionary.

Now watch it happen and I have egg on my face but it seems people are still jammed about last game. I'm pissed (I have to deal with so many PHilly fans today because this school is full of them lol) too but lets reign it in just a weee bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille