GDT: Penguins Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Whoever is responsible for JJ can **** right off.
I wish we really knew how it all started. Because there's no way JR approached that clown first. No way. I question some of the dumb shit JR has done and I am not a fan of his, but JJ made no sense when it was done.

Because he signed Riikola that summer and then traded for Pettersson, Gudbranson, and traded away Oleksiak.

JJ seemed to be forced, like someone from above him told him to make it work.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I wish we really knew how it all started. Because there's no way JR approached that clown first. No way. I question some of the dumb **** JR has done and I am not a fan of his, but JJ made no sense when it was done.

Because he signed Riikola that summer and then traded for Pettersson, Gudbranson, and traded away Oleksiak.

JJ seemed to be forced, like someone from above him told him to make it work.
I remember posters here saying he was signed because he was Sid's friend. I never knew if they were joking or that was a serious thing.
I'm guessing it was a joke at this point. heh.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I remember posters here saying he was signed because he was Sid's friend. I never knew if they were joking or that was a serious thing.
I'm guessing it was a joke at this point. heh.
I don't know if that's a joke at this point.

Before the season started, before JJ...our defense was:

Dumoulin, Letang
Oleksiak, Schultz
Maatta, Ruhwedel
Riikola

Or some form of that.

We some how saw this team get JJ in the off season, then move Sprong for Pettersson, Schultz got hurt as well and they still went and got Gudbranson.

Pettersson, Gudbranson, and Riikola are guys I think were ones that JR wanted and made moves for.
Oleksiak was a guy I think Sarge had more of a hand in getting because of his time in Dallas.
Johnson? JR literally got rid of that guy and suddenly when he's even worse, he wants him back after we torch the dude in the playoffs consistently??

That does not add up at all.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Right now, we're seeing Crosby somehow being able to dictate the fact that Horny isn't on his line and people think it's a stretch he couldn't influence the JJ thing?

300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I would not be surprised if whoever decides JJ should be off the team, finds themselves not listed on the Pens front office website anymore.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would not be surprised if whoever decides JJ should be off the team, finds themselves not listed on the Pens front office website anymore.
They can't fire Sid.

Remember that time Sid expressed interest in playing with Plotnikov and then the guy ended up on the team, wasn't a fit, then our GM had to move the guy.

But yeah...dude has no pull in stuff like that.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
The Pens situation is just like...the last 60 years of Pittsburgh history. Not Penguins. Pittsburgh.

Kinda thinking everything was good, falling apart, poor decisions, and salvaging what you can into warehouse condos.

It's just so Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Pens situation is just like...the last 60 years of Pittsburgh history. Not Penguins. Pittsburgh.

Kinda thinking everything was good, falling apart, poor decisions, and salvaging what you can into warehouse condos.

It's just so Pittsburgh.
I just want to see this coaching staff, use this team properly and take what made them successful and make the changes to still be a beast. But the team still plays lost, they say the right things, but do the wrong things or the same things. I don't know what to expect, with how the Steelers thing went down, I feel like this is going to be a trend this year for us.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

It's just so Pittsburgh.

Wtf did Crosby die?

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Wtf did Crosby die?

Yes. Upon the Altar of Jack Johnson.

Special guest: $3.5mil third liners.

Featuring: 3 f***ing goalies.

And Introducing: a 22 man roster on a team known for obscene amounts of injuries.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

It's just so Pittsburgh.

I mean, it's Pittsburgh, in the sense that's pretty much all of American heavy industry in the late 70s and 80s.

Reactions: EightyOne

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Given Rutherford's history of crazy FA signings, getting fixated on his man, balancing the highs with terrible lows, and the way he was targeting big strong bodies around that time, I don't see any reason to think that he wasn't driving the bus in terms of getting JJ.
The defense needed help at the time, too. Riikola was (and still is IMO) a complete unknown and Ruhwedel is a #7. He was right to target a defensemen in FA. He just severely missed the target and ended up with JMFJ for 5 years.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad