GDT: Penguins Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Tomorrows lineup:

Lafferty and Marino stand out cuz they'll have played in all 4 pre-season games.
Player that played all 6 last season? Juuso Riikola.
Some poor bastard is gonna have to play with JJ. Feel sorry for whoever that will be...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Hypothetical lineup tomorrow:

McCann-Simon-Tanev
ZAR-Blueger-Rust
DiPauli-Lafferty-Legare
Haggerty-Agozzino-Angello

or they might wanna keep the Agozzino line from Columbus intact:

McCann-Simon-Tanev
ZAR-Blueger-Rust
DiPauli-Agozzino-Lafferty
Haggerty-Angello-Legare

D i'd put together:

Dumo-Marino
JJ-Riiko
Almari-P-O

Acutally only one righty in the bunch so instead of above they may run Marino, Riiko and JJ(the 2 vets with experience) on RD...

Dumo-Marino
P-O-JJ
Almari-Riiko

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Anyone know what's going on with Crosby? Yohe I think mentioned that he didn't skate yesterday with the team?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If anyone deserves it from camp, Laff does. But i think i have a better chance of seeing a unicorn than seeing that result.

I'd agree save iirc save the difference between ZARs and Lafferty's cap hit is the difference between a 22 and 23 man roster.

That said - ZAR is probably 12/13 forward, not playing every night - is that better for Lafferty than playing every night as the man for WBS until more space opens up?

Reactions: ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It’s interesting to see which prospects they’re considering for NHL jobs by how often they’ve been played in the preseason...gotta think Marino, Lafferty and Legare are on the short list...

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Reminds me of the guy on the mighty ducks that strapped on the goalie gear and slap shots the puck into the other net.
HonorableYawningAmericanwarmblood-max-1mb.gif

Cause ducks fly together boys

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
About Marino...

You have to think he just didn't want to sign with Edmonton. I refuse to believe the Oilers thought their blueline depth was so good that they would be better off with a 2021 6th rounder.

There is a huge logjam at defense for the Oilers coming up in the next few years. Marino might have seen this and figured his chances were slim to make the Oiler's roster any time soon.

Reactions: Peat

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Marino might’ve simply wanted to stay on the east coast as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad