GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Ok. There's gotta be more smoke around Pittsburgh making moves lol. We have 0 cap and 12 forwards so somethings gotta give.

Makes it worse we need another middle 6 LW if we're competing and I use that term loosely.

Our tradeable money pieces are what? McGinn, Pettersson, Dumo. So basically nothing since they won't want to offload a LD and play 2 young untested guys.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
At least I won’t have to hear people defend Hextall claiming JR would have done worse. This was literally a trademark JR trade.

Wake up, FSG. Get rid of this clown GM and sack Burke for letting the town idiot run this team into the ground.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
At least I won’t have to hear people defend Hextall claiming JR would have done worse. This was literally a trademark JR trade.

Yes and no. If that was JR's 'guy' he would have paid a 1st.

JR is the guy you leave at home and ask what he wants while you go bargain for it.

But yes I think we all miss JR right now. He wouldn't have waited this long to shake the roster up. I never understood teams that do. Like, with 20 games left we're going to develop strong enough chemistry for the playoffs? There's a reason that big moves rarely work out. But whatever. We're now in that spot and NEED the big move rather than want it.

This is a huge stretch...maybe they are flipping Granlund?

That was my one wish/prayer last night. I didn't wake up and see it so... I mean.. not holding my breath at this point.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Wake up, FSG. Get rid of this clown GM and sack Burke for letting the town idiot run this team into the ground.

The funny thing is is that I actually think he may be that stupid, not realizing (what I said above about him and Zucker having history in Minnesota) and it was accidental. I don't think he did any extra homework on this. I don't think there was a strategy involved.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Man, getting Bertuzzi has been a pipe dream for years!

Sooo happy we- Oh…..BOSTON of all teams got him. Shocking

Are we actually “going for it” or is management just telling the fans that to shut us up? Cause what the f*** are we doing?

Anything short of another top-tier add (Boeser, Miller) will be a major, major fail. And we still have a butter soft defense.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Bertuzzi to Boston… man it’s a real shame we didn’t have $5 million in cap space to acquire a player whose brings elements that this team lacks… but at least we get to draft the next Owen Pickering or Sam Poulin or Nathan Legare

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Don't know how to break it to half this board But I am sure RH ran it by FSG & they were ok with it

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Thats why he was paid that. He's a 2nd line playmaker that needs a sniper. Him and Zucker had chemistry in Minnesota. It would be a waste of a 2nd rounder to not try him on L2 and move Rust down.

There are teams out there- many of them - who don't have Geno/Sid up top. They pay guys like Granlund because that's their version of top 6.

Bertuzzi a top 6 NHLer? What's your metric or standard?

I think the clear line between top 6ers worth money AND term are consistency or being really good at 1 thing. Granlund is quite literally the definition of a bottom 6 guy. He's inconsistent, mediocre at the NHL at most things. His only saving grace is his versatility. That makes him really solid for a team that's building or youthful - who want guys to get different looks. He can shift to C and let a young wing get a go, or back to wing and get the young C. On the Pens? Dude will be hated.

You think Rust is having a down year? He's pacing the same...in his DOWN year at the same money. Less goals too (which is what this team needs) Granlund is also a year older.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Reactions: Dipsy Doodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad