GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Nothing like haalf the board acting like a 13 year old girl who lost her 1st Boyfriend to her BFF. Guess what Bobby Orr 2.0 Jacob Chychrun or anyone else wasn't moving the needle. This Dynasty is OVER

Reactions: Factorial

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Tragic. How does Mario sit idle and let this happen?
I love Mario but he's the one who signed Sleepy.

It seems like the Pens management got tired of trading away all of our futures for crap and that is understandable but they just totally misread things with that move. It wasn't the trading of picks that was the problem. It was the trading of picks for crap.

Hextall is the flipside of the JR coin. He's still making as bad moves as JR was, he's just using less assets to do it.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The thing is that Zucker is UFA so we do have a top 6 hole to fill longer term. Of course Granlund basically prevents us from re-signing Zucker. Maybe Zucker's camp just flat-out said he doesn't want to return here.
Wouldnt say that. I think Zucker signs here cheaper than his last deal. Cheaper Zucker and no Kap balances out what Granlund makes.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Nothing like have the board acting like a 13 year old girl who lost her 1st Boyfriend to her BFF. Guess what Bobby Orr 2.0 Jacob Chychrun or anyone else wasn't moving the needle. This Dynasty is OVER
I don't think you've caught the jist from the majority here. All of us are extremely aware of the circumstances. Its the fact we are tip toeing around making moves that make little sense.

If we're gonna pack it in and close the door then do it. But we signed our core and clearly have goals to "compete". If that's the case then build a roster to compete.

What's so difficult to understand here about why people are disturbed?

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Burke, Hextall, and Sully wouldn't deserve the ring if Sid/Geno dragged this bag of ass to a championship.

I hope one of these 'reporters' gets a f'n temperature check and asks them some hard questions or puts some shit out there. What a farce.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Reminder that Hextall played hardball with and nearly lost Evgeni Malkin in the off season all so that he could eventually bring in a player who has played as bad or worse than Jeff Carter this year at the trade deadline. Said player is also not even a rental. Granlund makes almost as much as Geno lmfao

That's our GM folks. That's the guy.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Burke, Hextall, and Sully wouldn't deserve the ring if Sid/Geno dragged this bag of ass to a championship.

I hope one of these 'reporters' gets a f'n temperature check and asks them some hard questions or puts some shit out there. What a farce.
If this roster takes down Boston. Sid and Geno deserve their faces to be carved into the mountain side overlooking the city

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
I don't think you've caught the jist from the majority here. All of us are extremely aware of the circumstances. Its the fact we are tip toeing around making moves that make little sense.

If we're gonna pack it in and close the door then do it. But we signed our core and clearly have goals to "compete". If that's the case then build a roster to compete.

What's so difficult to understand here about why people are disturbed?
Because there is ABSOLUTELY nothing your whining does . I was for Blowing it the f*** up, But I get why FSG just coming in didn't want to blow it up

Reminder that Hextall played hardball with and nearly lost Evgeni Malkin in the off season all so that he could eventually bring in a player who has played as bad or worse than Jeff Carter this year at the trade deadline. Said player is also not even a rental.

That's our GM folks. That's the guy.
No He didn't

Reactions: Factorial

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
It's been said many times...but what irks me the most is that I have no idea what Hextall's long term goals for the franchise are. Clearly they're not trying to do a rebuild or sell anyone...but they're also not trying to go all-in to get the best players available...but they're also clearly not a good enough team to win the cup...so is the goal to build a team that will squeak into the playoffs and instantly get bounced for the remainder of Crosby's career? It makes so little sense to me.

Reactions: molon labe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille