Salary Cap: Penguins Trade Deadline Thread #66: We need more trade deadline snacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
If I were GM I'd trade one of the two: Geno or Tanger (or maybe both) :sarcasm:, I think we overestimate their contribution, nothing that Pens would not be able to make up for; plus that would help them add really great pieces legit scoring winger or two and solid stay home d-man...everything else is threading the water out and if lucky get by the first round

I think you overestimate what they bring back. You aren't getting better players back for them. Your essentially are packing it in for the last few years of Crosby. Unless you make a splash in FA your entering into mediocrity.

Who's is that scoring winger gona play with? Who is that stay home D gona play with?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Congrats on finding a way to make me wish I was reading Ryan Wilson's ideas :laugh:

The cost is you've got to give him a roster spot and ice time with Geno, and the risk is that after you've done so you find out he's not got it and have to do it and have less time, and you don't have another player with which to do so as you used the spot on Neal. Which makes it a very last resort move in my book.
You can still do other deals and at worst you waive/ send him down to WBS.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dumoulin-Letang
Matheson-Marino
POJ-Myers
Ruhwedel

This defense is actually really god damn good and has guys who are fairly paid for the roles they're used in. Myers only makes $2.55 million for 1 year after this year.
I doubt they do POJ over Friedman. But that's not much of a difference.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

So Myers is definitely having a bad year with Nashville, which explains why he's being waived, but I still can't believe that Nashville couldn't find a trade partner for him before waiving him.

His greatest attributes in Philly seemed to be his PKing and offensive talent, but Nashville isn't using him on the PK at all and his offense hasn't panned out in Nashville. Beyond that, his numbers haven't really changed all that much from last year.

I doubt they do POJ over Friedman. But that's not much of a difference.

I was more referring to next year with that lineup. I think you'll have Friedman in that spot for the rest of this year and then POJ will take his spot when Friedman walks as a UFA after the year.

Reactions: Jacob

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

So Myers is definitely having a bad year with Nashville, which explains why he's being waived, but I still can't believe that Nashville couldn't find a trade partner for him before waiving him.

His greatest attributes in Philly seemed to be his PKing and offensive talent, but Nashville isn't using him on the PK at all and his offense hasn't panned out in Nashville. Beyond that, his numbers haven't really changed all that much from last year.

I was more referring to next year with that lineup. I think you'll have Friedman in that spot for the rest of this year and then POJ will take his spot when Friedman walks as a UFA after the year.

Better than f***ing Hagg at the very least.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Are you doing that thing where you're misrepresenting what people are saying for whichever reason, or are you misremembering that Sullivan and Neal were never here at the same time?
I'm doing that thing where I remember a 40g winger who had a shitload of mental obstacles that kept him from being a part of the core, and wondering about whether or not they may have been helped or fixed by Sullivan's approach to head coaching in the National Hockey League. I thought that was pretty clear, but I guess not.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

We're sitting here wondering whether we can do some deals due to trying to get rid of our guys, and you reckon Nashville coulda got a partner for Myers?

Also I think if the team want Friedman in that spot, reupping him for the same money as POJ would get and trading POJ would not be a big deal.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Dumoulin-Letang
Matheson-Marino
POJ-Myers
Ruhwedel

This defense is actually really god damn good and has guys who are fairly paid for the roles they're used in. Myers only makes $2.55 million for 1 year after this year.
Y'know I just popped in for the first time today and saw Myers and immediately thought you were talking about Tyler Myers, thinking we traded for him or something heinous.

Full names whenever dealing with a last name which is shared among multiple players but includes at least one awful player; Myers, Johnson, Kapanen, etc.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
We're sitting here wondering whether we can do some deals due to trying to get rid of our guys, and you reckon Nashville coulda got a partner for Myers?

Also I think if the team want Friedman in that spot, reupping him for the same money as POJ would get and trading POJ would not be a big deal.

Yeah, I think $2.55 million for a massive RHD is workable for a lot of teams.

Myers is the guy that was the centerpiece for Ellis last off-season, after all.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Y'know I just popped in for the first time today and saw Myers and immediately thought you were talking about Tyler Myers, thinking we traded for him or something heinous.

Full names whenever dealing with a last name which is shared among multiple players but includes at least one awful player; Myers, Johnson, Kapanen, etc.

I actually think Phillipe Myers and Tyler Myers are fairly comparable (both massive OFD with great skating talent), but Phillipe only makes $2.55 million for 1 year, so his contract is more workable :laugh:

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Who in the hell is using hfboards on an actual computer. You're total dog vomit
Since the shift this site is slightly better via mobile. The version we just migrated from almost had me leave the site for how it was on mobile and I’ve been on here for a long time. I still prefer using my laptop to read and post on here but I’m so mobile for my job I’m often stuck only using my phone. Unless I’m at one of my locations that does not allow a cell phone to be present. Then I’m just shit out of luck in general. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

If Vancouver could pull of Grans for Garland, there is not a chance he's coming to Pittsburgh. The Penguins don't have a single asset on par with Grans that can catch Vancouver's attention.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
This website is cancer on mobile so I definitely prefer computer to mobile.

Don't you just love the double auto-play ads that play at the same time? The best part is when you lock your phone and the ads start playing even when you don't have the website open.
Since the recent migration it’s better… But only slightly. The previous version we just migrated from. I gave up posting most of the time. That was just utter dog shit. Almost unbearably so.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
This website is cancer on mobile so I definitely prefer computer to mobile.

Don't you just love the double auto-play ads that play at the same time? The best part is when you lock your phone and the ads start playing even when you don't have the website open.
For whatever reason since the migration I haven't had ads. Shhhh. Don't tell them

Reactions: Trade and Turin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad