GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Bobby Mac with some Pens news..

Shero poking around for a veteran center who can play minutes with Kunitz and Dupper..

Said Jeffery is being offered and this has nothing to do with a timeline on Crosby..

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Bob McKenzie says Pens looking for a stop-gap center (as we thought), and says Dustin Jeffrey is what we're dangling. Sounds like we're looking for a veteran. I would imagine expiring contract.

Jeffrey deserves a shot to play somewhere, imo. I am just scared at who this veteran stop-gap center may be.

I want somebody to play a top-six role until Sid's back, not some 4th-line drek. We have that in spades.

Jeffrey has top-6 ability, imo, I really want to see what Shero does with him that gets a better C option. Unless he gets a check-line C back for Jeffrey and turns Sutter into a top-6 C. I'm OK with that.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Only guy that I can come up with that fits the criteria Bobby Mac is suggesting, from a team that's out of the race, is possibly Roman Cervenka of the Flames?

He's not a center, but can play there. Played a little with Iggy earlier this season. He's soff, but very highly skilled. UFA at season's end, too.

Cervenka for Jeffrey. What does everybody think?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Only guy that I can come up with that fits the criteria Bobby Mac is suggesting, from a team that's out of the race, is possibly Roman Cervenka of the Flames?

He's not a center, but can play there. Played a little with Iggy earlier this season. He's soff, but very highly skilled. UFA at season's end, too.

Sign me up!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

He's just as unproven as Jeffrey, isn't he? I don't think that's the kind of guy Shero is targeting.

I know they're in a playoff race (division title race) so he's not likely, but I think a guy like Cullen from Minnesota is the type of veteran center Shero is looking for.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Don't see the Wild moving Cullen. He's a contributing player on a playoff team.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I see no reason for Jokinen, who is signed through next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad