Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Tanev for way too long and way too much

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I admit that I don’t watch a ton of the Jets, but from the little that I saw Tanev seems to have tunnel vision when he does have the puck on his stick.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Anyone wanna project the cap in 4 years? Deal is fine. Trade JJ.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I admit that I don’t watch a ton of the Jets, but from the little that I saw Tanev seems to have tunnel vision when he does have the puck on his stick.

He does. He’s a missile. Straight line, all the time.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'd actually pay a good sum of money to know what other offers Tanev had on the table. He needs to give his agent a fat kiss on the lips for squeezing 3 extra years out of JR.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm friends with a Jets fan who was really sad to see him go but nothing makes the term/value any less insane. JR has gotta go before he can strike again next July 1.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
I'm friends with a Jets fan who was really sad to see him go but nothing makes the term/value any less insane. JR has gotta go before he can strike again next July 1.

He's going to be a well-liked guy for the way he plays.

Every time I saw him play he seemed like he always gave 110%, skates fast, he's physical and a decent hockey player. The issue is, while he's worth $3.5M, it's the length of the contract. The Penguins have a 3-4 year window to win another Stanley Cup with their core, Tanev's contract is the second longest on the team and his contract will end with Crosby's.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
One million per year or one and a half million overpaid, does it matter?

At least the Pens finally are moving toward building a team that won them back to back cups instead of whatever the hell they were trying to do starting with Reaves.

I get this signing even if it was too rich, too long. It makes sense. It fits.

I can't say the same for too many signings the past couple of years.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

At least the Pens finally are moving toward building a team that won them back to back cups instead of whatever the hell they were trying to do starting with Reaves.

Yeah I mentioned that the moves ARE younger, faster, tenacious. That is the small positive. The big issue is that I guarantee this money will affect something down the road.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

It actually is right in the same vein as paying questionable 4th line and bottom pairing D term and cash. See: Fehr, Hunwick, JJ, etc.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It actually is right in the same vein as paying questionable 4th line and bottom pairing D term and cash. See: Fehr, Hunwick, JJ, etc.

You keep mixing in guys who were bad fits from the start with overpaid. There is a difference.

I can almost guarantee Tanev will never be useless on this team. I go back to the opposite of guys who bring nothing when not scoring.

Now if you said that the Pens could get many of the same things, maybe not as good as Tanev does, but many of the same things, for less, you have me.

But tossing out examples that simply do not fit to make your point does not work.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

If I remember correctly Fehr was signed before Bonino and was told he’d be the 3C but then we had Bonino and Cullen so he wasn’t even a centre. He was a decent signing at 2mil and came off a couple decent years (35 points per 82 the 3 previous seasons).

I guess that’s why he asked to be traded eventually because he didn’t want to be a winger.

Reactions: Turin

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
I repeat, we won 2 cups with GMJR, I'm not ready to run him out of town yet. And you can trade him after 2 or 3 years if it's not working out.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You keep mixing in guys who were bad fits from the start with overpaid. There is a difference.

I can almost guarantee Tanev will never be useless on this team. I go back to the opposite of guys who bring nothing when not scoring.

Now if you said that the Pens could get many of the same things, maybe not as good as Tanev does, but many of the same things, for less, you have me.

But tossing out examples that simply do not fit to make your point does not work.

More like optimistic fan am I right?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad