Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign 'the Pride of Brunei' (Craig Adams) (2 Years | 700K AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The Penguins Off-Season:

cxiqOmn.jpg

It wasn't funny the first time you posted it.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He was like the second move announced that I saw on Twitter, after Nabokov back to the Island.

It was slightly after it started, officially.

I'd have definitely offered matched the 3 year, 850k offer than the Yotes gave him.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I'd have definitely offered matched the 3 year, 850k offer than the Yotes gave him.

Like I told Michigan Wolverines this aft, he's a character guy and a very good fourth liner but his skating is his weakness and under Bylsma's system his wheels would fall off with this team.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I'm fine with bringing him back. He's a good PK'er with some toughness. I'm sure he's great in the locker room too. If it wasn't for his lack of speed he'd be a popular 4th liner considering his price tag.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If you mean Adams, than we're stuck with him. You can't use a amnesty buyout for a player who got signed after the lockout.

Adams is now a 35+ contract, his cap hit stays with us even if he retires. We can probably trade him or bury him in the minors, though.

Ahh, good points. Thanks guys, I didn't realize that about the buyouts, but the 35+ remains even if he gets sent down to WBS or gets hit by a bus. But I do believe there would be a trade market for a double-cup winner utility player, even if we ate a couple hundred $K in salary. So still, I don't really see any downside with this move (especially if that allows us to move Glass out :nod:)

Slabber Chops

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Ahh, good points. Thanks guys, I didn't realize that about the buyouts, but the 35+ remains even if he gets sent down to WBS or gets hit by a bus. But I do believe there would be a trade market for a double-cup winner utility player, even if we ate a couple hundred $K in salary. So still, I don't really see any downside with this move (especially if that allows us to move Glass out :nod:)

I doubt any rational person could argue that this is anything but an okay deal. The money's fine; The risk is low for a retirement in the next couple of years; he's far from the reason why the Pens have at times stunk the playoffs up over the past 3 years or so; decent enough 4th liner and good PKer.

Cool.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
No problem with this, Adams was one of the few who showed up to play in the playoffs, albeit in his limited way. You can never question the guys heart, in related news Iginla in his quest to be handed a cup and not actually work for it goes to Boston...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
No problem with this, Adams was one of the few who showed up to play in the playoffs, albeit in his limited way. You can never question the guys heart, in related news Iginla in his quest to be handed a cup and not actually work for it goes to Boston...

I don't remember noticing him much against the Islanders or Boston, but he was really good against the Senators. He had some shifts where he was really flying, and he crushed Spezza once too.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yah I didn't call this earlier today with 750K left.

Everything this team does is predictable.

The kinds of players we sign, the kind of tactics we use in the playoffs, everything.

But hey, 82 games of entertaining hockey is ours for the taking.

At least we re-signed Geno and Letang to good deals so the summer is not a total loss so far.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com

He's closer to a cup now that Bylsma is no longer his coach.;)

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Yah I didn't call this earlier today with 750K left.

Everything this team does is predictable.

The kinds of players we sign, the kind of tactics we use in the playoffs, everything.

But hey, 82 games of entertaining hockey is ours for the taking.

At least we re-signed Geno and Letang to good deals so the summer is not a total loss so far.

Can you say 2009 cup winnng clique?:nod:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I get what you're saying but he's been part of a very effective PK unit for years now.

How many minutes does HCDB play his fourth line anyway? It's not like Adams is Tanner Glass who doesn't do much of anything anywhere Adams is a one trick point but he least serves a purpose

Ya know?

Quoted for emphasis.

If Adams were playing 15 minutes a night the gripes would be deserved, but the fourth line doesn't get used a whole lot and Adams averaged 11:09 a game last year - 2:39 of which came on the PK (which ranked 1st on the team amongst forwards ahead of a guy we just lost in Cooke (2:11)). Adams was dead last on the roster (including the guys that only played a handful of games) in ESTOI, nearly a full minute less than Vitale had.

If Adams walks how are we replacing that nearly 5 minutes of PK time that he and Cooke gave us? The grass isn't always greener...Sill is still a complete unknown. Vitale's role should increase this year without Cooke, but he's not going to go from 7 seconds of PK time a game to 2:27 in one year.

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Quoted for emphasis.

If Adams were playing 15 minutes a night the gripes would be deserved, but the fourth line doesn't get used a whole lot and Adams averaged 11:09 a game last year - 2:39 of which came on the PK (which ranked 1st on the team amongst forwards ahead of a guy we just lost in Cooke (2:11)). Adams was dead last on the roster (including the guys that only played a handful of games) in ESTOI, nearly a full minute less than Vitale had.

If Adams walks how are we replacing that nearly 5 minutes of PK time that he and Cooke gave us? The grass isn't always greener...Sill is still a complete unknown. Vitale's role should increase this year without Cooke, but he's not going to go from 7 seconds of PK time a game to 2:27 in one year.

Ding. :handclap:

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Honestly....does this really surprise anyone? :laugh:

That being said, I really don't mind Adams being our 4th liner. He's still a damn good penalty killer as well and is willing to sacrifice every inch of his body to block shots. Him and Joe Victory on the 4th line is pretty solid. Lets just hope to god Glass gets dealt...however unlikely that may be.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I seriously do not want Adams here anymore. Please get NEW BLOOD so they can do something new for us.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We currently have no third-line right-winger. Maybe we'll REALLY get our money's worth here next year. And, he'd be a step closer to playing with Malkin and Neal.

After all, this has become the Summer of Dan.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We currently have no third-line right-winger. Maybe we'll REALLY get our money's worth here next year. And, he'd be a step closer to playing with Malkin and Neal.

After all, this has become the Summer of Dan.

right now Jeffrey is our 3rd line right winger I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad