Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign 'the Pride of Brunei' (Craig Adams) (2 Years | 700K AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHLLL Penguin

Nov 14, 2011
Has nothing to do with being smart. Its about not jumping off the Roberto Clemente bridge every time Shero makes a decision about someone that the rabble feels is unworthy of playing for "their" team

Shero just won GM of the year and put the team in the best position to win a Cup in years, but this place is so ready to fire him for everything. Blysma just got named head coach of team USA but everyone around here flat out wants him dead at this point.

One or two people say that Adams is slow and old and you can see all the sheep around here gathering to jump on board. Adams is making chump change but is now our top PK guy. He's uber solid in that regard, but people are just so used to agreeing with what a few people around here think

Here's an idea to all the mindless donkeys that post here without really knowing much about the game: Formulate your own opinion and post based on that

You just said what I and probably others have been thinking for a while now. Thank you.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Our team is soft and worse than last year's team on paper.

Relax. We're not done making moves. And let's look at Detroit: they're pretty darn "soft" on paper, and yet they've been one of the best teams in the NHL over the last few years. Just wait. There are different ways to win, as well.

I'm totally fine with Vitale & Adams being 2/3rds of the 4th line as long as Glass isn't the other 3rd.

Totally agree, and I love Jeffrey being that guy. What I also like is that, then, when you want to double shift a Crosby or Geno or someone else, you've got another offensive player on that line instead of just two pluggers. How can DB expect Malkin to go out there now double-shifted on the 4th line with Glass + Adams and create any offense?

I'd rather pay someone with upside like Skille (10 years younger, bigger and faster) a million than having our 4th line dragged down by old Adams at 700k.

Meanwhile, Lapierre signs for St.Louis at $1.1m.

I don't think it's an either-or scenario. Frankly, for what Adams makes, and probably for the 14-15 season, he could very well be our 13th forward (hopefully instead of Glass).

I like Lapierre, and I especially like Skille as a 4th line winger, but neither of these guys are the PKers or shot-blockers Adams is. They bring different skill-sets. Apples & oranges in a sense.

So if the Pens are done and if either Sid or Malkin get hurt then we get Adams as a 2nd line center possibly YAY

No, Dustin Jeffrey is a great (and extremely underrated) centre to step up in that type of situation, provided he is at least a regular fixture in the bottom six so he's always fresh and in game shape. He's a great fill-in for a short-term fix.

Longer-term: while we continue to have a dearth on the wing, 2 of our top 3 forward prospects are centres. Shero & Co. obviously are aware of this issue and have been drafting accordingly. Perhaps within 2-3 years, guys like Sundqvist or Blueger could be ready to step in and play in a 3rd/4th line C role.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth
So if the Pens are done and if either Sid or Malkin get hurt then we get Adams as a 2nd line center possibly YAY

No, Dustin Jeffrey is a great (and extremely underrated) centre to step up in that type of situation, provided he is at least a regular fixture in the bottom six so he's always fresh and in game shape. He's a great fill-in for a short-term fix.

Longer-term: while we continue to have a dearth on the wing, 2 of our top 3 forward prospects are centres. Shero & Co. obviously are aware of this issue and have been drafting accordingly. Perhaps within 2-3 years, guys like Sundqvist or Blueger could be ready to step in and play in a 3rd/4th line C role.

He's also forgetting about, Jokinen. Even if both Geno and Sid go down again the centers would be.

Jokinen
Sutter
Jeffrey
Vitale/Adams

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He's also forgetting about, Jokinen. Even if both Geno and Sid go down again the centers would be.

Jokinen
Sutter
Jeffrey
Vitale/Adams

Dupuis might even center a top line before Jeffrey. He sure as hell would before Vitale or Adams :laugh: He did a decent enough job there for a few games this past season.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Dupuis might even center a top line before Jeffrey. He sure as hell would before Vitale or Adams :laugh: He did a decent enough job there for a few games this past season.

You're probably right. I mean, even Kennedy did last year :laugh:

Although Morrow-Dupuis-Bennett was really good for the two or three games they were together.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Its like Morrow and Dupuis had some sort of chemistry thing going on.

Weird. I even seem to remember Morrow saying that the Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis line built good chemistry during a post game interview.

But chemistry doesn't exist or matter, unless, you know, it's the best line in hockey we're talking about.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Compromise: Beau Bennett shows up to camp with his hair dyed grey and a walking stick.

Win! :laugh:

Jokinen
Sutter
Jeffrey
Vitale/Adams

True, as long as Jokinen is on the roster, he will be a candidate to fill that type of role. But I still think he gets traded the minute (if/when) we can bring in someone better via trade or UFA.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Weird. I even seem to remember Morrow saying that the Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis line built good chemistry during a post game interview.

But chemistry doesn't exist or matter, unless, you know, it's the best line in hockey we're talking about.
Don't forget we are talking about the Penguins. When things work its broken up after 3 games... when things don't work its forced until our eyes bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad