Post-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers: MDSF Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Lots of strange voting here, what the heck did Miller do? Nash and Zucc assisted on the goals, did you miss that? Girardi also played very well, but it's obviously not being appreciated.

Voring is not just about who scored. Too many people vote for 2 guys who scored a goal + Lundqvist.

There is more to hockey than that. Miller had a great game, winning battles along the board, causing turnovers and strong on the forecheck

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Okay.

I bet you didn't even realize I said nothing at all of advanced stats regarding Staal's performance.

How did the advanced stats come out? I'm genuinely interested because it felt like we controlled the game. Then the Penguins fans say we just won because of the refs.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
How did the advanced stats come out? I'm genuinely interested because it felt like we controlled the game. Then the Penguins fans say we just won because of the refs.

At even strength, the Rangers had a ~54% Score-Adjusted CF% which is good. They out chanced the Pens 23-16 at even strength. Pretty good, I expected better but still good.

And how is the story line not that Crosby is a no show again?

because REFOREES LUV DA RAYNGERZZZZZ

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Watching the replay, I think Nash celebrated more on that Brassard goal than he has on any goal he's scored this season.

Wolfy*

Voring is not just about who scored. Too many people vote for 2 guys who scored a goal + Lundqvist.

There is more to hockey than that. Miller had a great game, winning battles along the board, causing turnovers and strong on the forecheck

I just got a little confused. But it tells me I shouldn't pay much attention to those polls.

Speaking of the refs, they're probably Ranger fans. Same refs tomorrow? I hope so :D

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
I just got a little confused. But it tells me I shouldn't pay much attention to those polls.

Speaking of the refs, they're probably Ranger fans. Same refs tomorrow? I hope so :D

Gotta say, I think that was one of the best officiated games I have seen in a while. Specifically the Kunitz goalie interference in the first and the Downie cross check against Zuccarello in the third. Those are very often not called. And Nash's boarding penalty was also a good call. Great game by the refs. Never said that before.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I don't know if this has been discussed... but that dirt bag Kunitz, sure looked like he was aiming for Girardi's face on that shot. Am I seeing things or did anyone else think that's what happened?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ryan Mc. just ruffled Zuci helmet on that goal - so funny, because zuci is so low. :laugh:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I don't know if this has been discussed... but that dirt bag Kunitz, sure looked like he was aiming for Girardi's face on that shot. Am I seeing things or did anyone else think that's what happened?

Highly doubt it, he was trying to chip the puck in deep and it just hit Girardi in the wrong spot.

Wolfy*

Gotta say, I think that was one of the best officiated games I have seen in a while. Specifically the Kunitz goalie interference in the first and the Downie cross check against Zuccarello in the third. Those are very often not called. And Nash's boarding penalty was also a good call. Great game by the refs. Never said that before.

Only the best ones for the playoffs I guess, lets hope it stays that way.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Seriously Crosby only played like 3-5 mins in the first and still finished with around 20 mins played.... So they kept throwing him out in the 2nd and the 3rd and he was only able to get 1 shot off

Wolfy*

Glass needs to do his job and deal with their #23. Downie is a moron and a coward going after the smallest players. Look at the position of his stick, is he trying to kill Zucc?

wpS39sfAIrujNazj9Mx1UgxsU_wKNruUh4a_oZIDUOcQ

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Glass needs to do his job and deal with their #23. Downie is a moron and a coward going after the smallest players. Look at the position of his stick, is he trying to kill Zucc?

wpS39sfAIrujNazj9Mx1UgxsU_wKNruUh4a_oZIDUOcQ

No, you let that moron take undisciplined penalties. Fighting a guy because of that is just playing into Downies hands. Why bother?

Besides that it's the playoffs, there's hardly any fighting. Get retribution by scoring on the ensuing power play.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
My thoughts on the NBC broadcast is that most fanbases only hear what they want to hear. If you're a Ranger fan you probably only hear them slobbering the Pens and forget all the positive things they say about our team and vice versa for Pen fans. Most fanbases think the NBC crew is slighting their team so I'm inclined to believe that is not really the case and biased people are just used to hearing a broadcast intended to only be heard by one fanbase.

When you see two fanbases complaining about the crew it means it was an evenly called game and you only picked up on the Penguin-biased comments.

No way man!

The NHL, hence NBC, is a huge homer for Crosby.

I know fans take the parts they want to hear, but in this case, there is a definite marketing bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00