Post-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers: MDSF Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Let the Pens keep playing dirty and stupid, Rangers are the more experienced team and are not getting baited into it.

I dont mind having 6 power plays a game.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Miller was all over the ice, creating chances and hitting everything. He was far and away the most noticeable player in the top 6. You can't go just based on the stat sheet.

I **** on Miller for what I perceived, and was insinuated, that he had a maturity issue.

Over the last 10 games he was showing more poise than random flashes, and last night he was a huge physical factor.

If he didn't panic after he undressed the Pens D, he would've had a goal too.

The kids got talent and an excellent frame. I'm really happy he finally wanted to not just be in the pros, but now want TO BE a pro.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
No way man!

The NHL, hence NBC, is a huge homer for Crosby.

I know fans take the parts they want to hear, but in this case, there is a definite marketing bias.
The few times I heard Pierre (looking at the video of the game), all he did was give advice to the Penguins. It was as if the Rangers weren't part of the game at all.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It looks like McDonagh just hit a ****ing switch last night. Which would mean we put up 113 points without McDonagh trying.

2en3sw6.gif

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It looks like McDonagh just hit a ****ing switch last night. Which would mean we put up 113 points without McDonagh trying.

2en3sw6.gif

yeah, I mentioned it earlier; I'm happy that Ryan Mc. had that PP goal last night - a massive boost for his confidence also in the captain role.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Downie being an idiot and taking penalties takes Crosby and Malkin off the ice. It's a win.

If they have a big lead and it's late in the game, then is the time to fight back.

Wolfy*

Pens tactics didn't work, you don't play a goon in the playoffs.

Downie only hurts the team, and while he spent time in the penalty box, Cindy was sitting on the bench most of the game shaking his head :laugh:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Pens tactics didn't work, you don't play a goon in the playoffs.

Downie only hurts the team, and while he spent time in the penalty box, Cindy was sitting on the bench most of the game shaking his head :laugh:

I think their coach said 2 - possible 3 unecessary penalties last game. :)
It won't be that easy tomorrow, but I think Rangers will step up their game
for sure.

Brock Sampson

Feb 23, 2014
I don't know if this has been discussed... but that dirt bag Kunitz, sure looked like he was aiming for Girardi's face on that shot. Am I seeing things or did anyone else think that's what happened?

looked like the puck deflected off of girardi's stick

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Girardi stated in today's interview that he thinks the puck deflected off his own stick. He called it a freak play. End of story.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
No, you let that moron take undisciplined penalties. Fighting a guy because of that is just playing into Downies hands. Why bother?

Besides that it's the playoffs, there's hardly any fighting. Get retribution by scoring on the ensuing power play.

Agree. Hurt them where it counts the most.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Just caught Pierre on TSN in Montreal. He was knocking the Penguins for selfish play and poor execution. For a second I was thinking ok maybe he's not such a Pittsburgh homer after all, then I realized his entire commentary was 100% about the Penguins and said nothing about the Rangers play

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

2en3sw6.gif

Too bad for the Fenguins that McDonagh is bringing his A game along with this 113 point team.

The Rangers were easy on the Penguins last night. I still think this series goes 5 games after splitting in Pittsburg, but I bet the Rangers bring an entirely different game tomorrow after Thursday's "smelling salts."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad