Post-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers: MDSF Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Spare D Chris Summers on ice early; no sign of Girardi yet. Could have today off.”

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
6078016170400e7bc3c70d98ad1e9fa1.jpg

Warrior. Friggin' warrior.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I remember watching a TV show on Danny G. His wifey so proud of him, they have great chemistry and his son is just golden. Hope the little kid will play for us in ca. 14 years ^^

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Girardi not even wearing extra protection on helmet, it appears. #terminator”

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Boyle being gone doesn't bother me as much as Stralman. It wasn't a questionable decision, the guy didn't want to be here. He left for a "bigger role" but he plays the same role.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Girardi is a machine, the guy can't be human.

I think he is a prototype terminator, lets look at the evidence:

Great at blocking shots because of his cpu trajectory system and steel frame. (dude didn't even have a look of pain on his face after taking that shot)

Hands that are a bit clunky, give the guy a break he is just a prototype

Superior AI recognition for defensive zone coverage, it is pretty rare to see him poop the bed in the D zone

John Connor hasn't become relevant at this point in history

Lets be reality, Dolan payed a government contractor to build this monster who sits on our blue line. Dolan keeps G's salary and G recharges in a small closet in the MSG basement. Why do you think nobody even knew who this guy was? Undrafted free agent? Likely back story.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Boyle being gone doesn't bother me as much as Stralman. It wasn't a questionable decision, the guy didn't want to be here. He left for a "bigger role" but he plays the same role.

I'm pretty sure Boyle just didn't want to be a ranger. Stralman on the other hand did and it bothered me a lot that we let him go.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Girardi is a machine, the guy can't be human.

I think he is a prototype terminator, lets look at the evidence:

Great at blocking shots because of his cpu trajectory system and steel frame. (dude didn't even have a look of pain on his face after taking that shot)

Hands that are a bit clunky, give the guy a break he is just a prototype

Superior AI recognition for defensive zone coverage, it is pretty rare to see him poop the bed in the D zone

John Connor hasn't become relevant at this point in history

Lets be reality, Dolan payed a government contractor to build this monster who sits on our blue line. Dolan keeps G's salary and G recharges in a small closet in the MSG basement. Why do you think nobody even knew who this guy was? Undrafted free agent? Likely back story.

Let me tell you, if G had better offensive skills, he'd have to be paid around 7 million bucks a year.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Klein is not on the ice.

I think last night showed that there's no need to rush him. Want to make sure that he's 100%. Not necessarily for the risk of another injury but simply because you worry about his effectiveness playing through pain.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Did anyone have the pleasure of listening to the NBCSN broadcast? My dad said that they were comically bad. He said you would've thought by just hearing what they had to say that the Penguins were up by 5 goals :laugh: I know Pierre is a non-stop black-and-gold creamfest but I don't expect Emrick to be that far up Pitt's butt right now considering how crappy they've been in the last few months.

My thoughts on the NBC broadcast is that most fanbases only hear what they want to hear. If you're a Ranger fan you probably only hear them slobbering the Pens and forget all the positive things they say about our team and vice versa for Pen fans. Most fanbases think the NBC crew is slighting their team so I'm inclined to believe that is not really the case and biased people are just used to hearing a broadcast intended to only be heard by one fanbase.

When you see two fanbases complaining about the crew it means it was an evenly called game and you only picked up on the Penguin-biased comments.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
My thoughts on the NBC broadcast is that most fanbases only hear what they want to hear. If you're a Ranger fan you probably only hear them slobbering the Pens and forget all the positive things they say about our team and vice versa for Pen fans. Most fanbases think the NBC crew is slighting their team so I'm inclined to believe that is not really the case and biased people are just used to hearing a broadcast intended to only be heard by one fanbase.

When you see two fanbases complaining about the crew it means it was an evenly called game and you only picked up on the Penguin-biased comments.

In all honesty, I'm absolutely spoiled by the Mets team of Cohen-Hernandez-Darling. They're ******* outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad