GDT: Penguins @ Rangers - Game 5: Is this the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Win this, put fear into their hearts. We need our "superstars" to be supertsras if we want to win tonight.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I got some great footage of Sutter during battle drills at practice. I think he's really close the getting the whole "puck retrieval" thing down.

red-panda-vs-the-pumpkin-o.gif

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
This year just makes me angry at playoffs past. If Fleury had been this solid, if the team had been healthy, if we had this kind of effort in a weaker conference... only in cheesy stories do we get vengeance for last year in similar fashion. Let us hope we are in one.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If the one "adjustment" is Malkin to wing, then goodbye. Short of Geno being w/ Sid/Horny - it's the dumbest thing of all time. :laugh:

I look around the league and I saw teams adjusting who are even up in their series. I believe Chicago made a couple roster changes, most notably Darling. Nashville has made lineup changes. I believe, if i'm not mistaken, Washington has tinkered a bit w/ lines. I mean hell, Winnik has been pure **** in this series, but him and Downie have had chemistry in the past before. Maybe throw them w/ Sutter and see what happens. Switch some **** up. Give a few guys a shift w/ Sid mid-game who are feeling it. Give Geno and Sid shifts on one another's lines to get to the 23 minute mark. ****... try it. Who knows what will happen. Maybe same result. But let's at least find out.

We are the only group who goes out there the exact same way each night and just ****ing expects different results. Not as blatantly stupid as Bylsma, because there are some schematic adjustments, but pretty ****ing moronic.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
If the one "adjustment" is Malkin to wing, then goodbye. Short of Geno being w/ Sid/Horny - it's the dumbest thing of all time. :laugh:

I look around the league and I saw teams adjusting who are even up in their series. I believe Chicago made a couple roster changes, most notably Darling. Nashville has made lineup changes. I believe, if i'm not mistaken, Washington has tinkered a bit w/ lines. I mean hell, Winnik has been pure **** in this series, but him and Downie have had chemistry in the past before. Maybe throw them w/ Sutter and see what happens. Switch some **** up. Give a few guys a shift w/ Sid mid-game who are feeling it. Give Geno and Sid shifts on one another's lines to get to the 23 minute mark. ****... try it. Who knows what will happen. Maybe same result. But let's at least find out.

We are the only group who goes out there the exact same way each night and just ****ing expects different results. Not as blatantly stupid as Bylsma, because there are some schematic adjustments, but pretty ****ing moronic.

Am I completely losing my memory or did Sutter-Malkin not suck ass? I know the team was winning back in the fall, but for some reason I don't remember being impressed with that line.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If there's one thing that can get Malkin going, it's putting him on the wing with a center who plays with blinders on and can't pass the puck back to him, as well as can't win any battles along the boards.

fzrtozl.jpg

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean... again... I haven't bothered watching this mess for a while, now. So my useful input on very recent events is limited.

But my understanding is that, while completely ineefectual offensively... Malkin hasn't been that bad in almost all other areas. If that is true... I really, really, really see zero benefit playing him on Sutter's wing... as it will mostly-negate the few things he's actually doing well, right now. So I expect it to happen.

It would make tons more sense were he next to Sid. But... that hasn't happened all year, for whatever reason.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Are we going to play Crosby and Hornqvist more than 18 minute tonights or are we going to keep pretending that this is a balanced team that isn't relying on 3 guys to win?

It's just such a loser mentality to not go out with everything you have. Everything we have is that top line out there for half the game. There is no game 6, at least not yet, play like it doesn't master if you run the stars into the ground tonight. With Geno probably moving up and down the lineup on the wing, we can play the top line as much as possible without Kunitz having a heart attack.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Despite the injury we need Geno to be better on the PP, or maybe just stay off it. He hasn't helped in that area, and it should be the easiest minutes for him.

And please get Martin and Perron off that PP, I would rather see Cole there.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
I'm currently drinking my first beer of the night. I'd like to be numb for the handshake line tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad