GDT: Penguins @ Rangers - Game 5: Is this the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It really wouldn't surprise me if they won tonight, but there is no way this team is going to win three in a row against the Rangers.

Being that they won 1 game against a playoff team since March (didn't fact check so correct me if i'm wrong)... i'd say there is a less than 1% chance they win 3 in a row. :laugh:

But truthfully... all they have to do is keep winning one in a row ;)

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Even if you consider each game a 50/50 proposition, the Pens have a 12.5 percent chance of winning the next three games.

Doesn't matter. I'm just enjoying a team playing hard, playoff style hockey. Yeah, we have a ton of issues, but at least we can be proud of effort for the first time since 2011.

Gary Bets Man

"All bets are off."
Feb 4, 2015
Even if you consider each game a 50/50 proposition, the Pens have a 12.5 percent chance of winning the next three games.

Doesn't matter. I'm just enjoying a team playing hard, playoff style hockey. Yeah, we have a ton of issues, but at least we can be proud of effort for the first time since 2011.

This!

Even if we lose tonight, this is the first time in a while that I will be proud of how they went down. With the top 3 D out and an injured Malkin I expected to see blowouts every game but the penguins are actually playing their ***** off and working together.

Proud of what these boys are doing for us. If everyone's healthy next year I think we'll be better off because of it.

penspenspens

Feb 2, 2014
I had no expectation going into the playoffs this year. Oh well, I expected a sweep. What makes me sad now isn't that we're gonna be eliminated in round 1, but that so many things has been good about this series. Fleury is exceptional. Sid/Hornqvist are on fire. Fourth line is playing well. And the Rangers arent nearly as dominant as I thought before game 1. Seriously, if it wasn't for Kunitz/Perron playing like ass, and we had Letang/Maatta instead of Scuderi/Lovejoy, we would have killed them.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No matter the outcome of the game tonight, I am proud of these boys for making it a series (on the ice more so than the win column). I thought these would be decisive losses and we would get laughed at. But they came to play. The puck didn't go our way last game. Had it, it would be a whole new series.

I think they come out strong and lose at home. I don't see 3 wins in our future. But honestly...you never know. The hockey gods are often so cruel to us they may make us win. With stats as follows:

Kunitz: 6g, 5a
Scuderi: 4g, 10a +55
Adams replaces Malkin: 10g, 4a
Lovejoy: 3 OT GWGs.
Perron, Horny, Malkins, Sid: 0g, 1a combined.

zacharoni16

Mar 15, 2013
My guess is the Refs finally get yelled at or the NHL tells them to even up the PPs. SO pens will have 4 or 5 PPs tonight. NHL will be more interested in trying to get this series to 7 games.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Don't know where it would go but today is letangs birthday so happy birthday to him.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
still too cold to go golfing.....go pens

:laugh:

I'm watching do or die.

Just finish on a good note leaving it all out there on the ice. I don't fault them for their misgivings, but effort is most certainly a must, even in dire times.

One shift, one period and one game at a time.

LGP!

But really is happening.

tumblr_ly5huu8Rv51qid9ybo1_500.gif

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
No matter the outcome of the game tonight, I am proud of these boys for making it a series (on the ice more so than the win column). I thought these would be decisive losses and we would get laughed at. But they came to play. The puck didn't go our way last game. Had it, it would be a whole new series.

I think they come out strong and lose at home. I don't see 3 wins in our future. But honestly...you never know. The hockey gods are often so cruel to us they may make us win. With stats as follows:

Kunitz: 6g, 5a
Scuderi: 4g, 10a +55
Adams replaces Malkin: 10g, 4a
Lovejoy: 3 OT GWGs.
Perron, Horny, Malkins, Sid: 0g, 1a combined.

Losing 4 games to 1 isn't making it a series. They played hard each night, but the Rangers are better in every area of the game.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Wouldn't miss this game for anything. Some of you will take the good, but not the bad? :shakehead

pfff, add me to the bandwagon then. If the team I follow is not entertaining or has no future exciting pieces on the roster, then I am not staying up until 5am to watch.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Losing 4 games to 1 isn't making it a series. They played hard each night, but the Rangers are better in every area of the game.

Now that is the most defeating negative thing I have heard on here regarding the series. This was absolutely a series lol. Most Rangers fans were calling us to win last game. You should have visited their board, the nervousness was real. When every game is a one goal game, I consider it a series. Look at Anaheim and Winnipeg. That was a steam rolling most nights and the stars came to play.

Last edited:

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com

This is where I'm at.

It seems most people have gotten more gloomy after this series. Watching a real team effort in spite of adversity, I've actually had my first glimmer of hope for the franchise in a while. I'm certainly more proud of my team than I was before this started.

We knew we weren't going to win this series. But we played our ***** off and we tried to play playoff hockey. I take that as a huge positive when contrasted with our effort the last few years. Maybe, just maybe, if the P9 don't screw it up, we can use this as a stepping stone to move in the right direction.

Let's go Pens. I think we win tonight.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
This is where I'm at.

It seems most people have gotten more gloomy after this series. Watching a real team effort in spite of adversity, I've actually had my first glimmer of hope for the franchise in a while. I'm certainly more proud of my team than I was before this started.

We knew we weren't going to win this series. But we played our ***** off and we tried to play playoff hockey. I take that as a huge positive when contrasted with our effort the last few years. Maybe, just maybe, if the P9 don't screw it up, we can use this as a stepping stone to move in the right direction.

Let's go Pens. I think we win tonight.

To me, this series is an upgrade over losing to the Bruins in a sweep or choking away a series lead. They honestly competed and didn't get blown out. Some would say we made it competitive against one of the #mosthypedteamstwentyfifteen
I think we did okay. It still isn't over yet, either.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Now that is the most defeating negative thing I have heard on here regarding the series. This was absolutely a series lol. Most Rangers fans were calling us to win last game. You should have visited their board, the nervousness was real. When every game is a one goal game, I consider it a series. Look at Anaheim and Winnipeg. That was a steam rolling most nights and the stars came to play.

Uh the Jets had a lead going into the third period most games. If this series isn't a steam rolling, neither was that one.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Uh the Jets had a lead going into the third period most games. If this series isn't a steam rolling, neither was that one.

I am just talking about results. The Ducks came in the clutch every game and showed why they were the one seed. I think I remember that one of the announcers said the Ducks were preferring to play with the deficit because they were that confident. Then at some point in the game they decimated the Jets. I haven't gotten that effect in our games with the Rangers. Every game has looked like whoever won kind of just held on nervously to the lead and almost ****ed up multiple times( including our win).

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I also hope Wilson gets more playing time (wishful thinking). He had a good game last time out, I thought. Separated the puck physically from a Ranger a few times...had a nice pass to Downie for a scoring chance. Showed good speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark