GDT: Penguins @ Rangers - Game 5: Is this the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I am just talking about results. The Ducks came in the clutch every game and showed why they were the one seed. I think I remember that one of the announcers said the Ducks were preferring to play with the deficit because they were that confident. Then at some point in the game they decimated the Jets. I haven't gotten that effect in our games with the Rangers. Every game has looked like whoever won kind of just held on nervously to the lead and almost ****ed up multiple times( including our win).

No one prefers to play behind. That's just non sense.

Now if you are asking me if the Ducks are a better team than the Rangers, I would probably say yes.

The difference in the series, IMO, is that the Jets aren't a very good defensive team, while the Penguins have learned to be one. The Ducks-Jets series was just a different game. Fast paced, higher scoring. All of the Pens Rangers games have been low scoring one goal affairs. My main point is I don't think this series has been as close as the score would indicate. At the end of the day a 3-1 series deficit is a 3-1 series deficit. I guess I'm proud they have kept it close, but it's been a pretty boring and frustrating series if you ask me.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I also hope Wilson gets more playing time (wishful thinking). He had a good game last time out, I thought. Separated the puck physically from a Ranger a few times...had a nice pass to Downie for a scoring chance. Showed good speed.

I don't know what it is about him, but just not a big fan. I liked Rust more. Of course neither of them are going to be much more than decent 3rd line jack of all trades role players.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I don't know what it is about him, but just not a big fan. I liked Rust more..

Rust was more flashy I thought...to me at least. Wilson seems to do all the little things well.

Of course neither of them are going to be much more than decent 3rd line jack of all trades role players

I agree. Nothing wrong with that however.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I don't think we can win the series, but the experience Dumo and Cole are getting will pay dividends next year. I'd like to see us keep playing so DP can get in there too.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Just pray and hope it doesn't go to overtime again, cause we all know how that ends. If they're gonna eliminate us I hope it's in regulation.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I can imagine us winning this game. This team is a 50-50 road team. They absolutely suck in a poisoned Consol Center though. So the only purpose of this potential win would be losing at home. Might as well burn the Consol after that.

Losing like 12 straight at Consol to the Flyers, losing all of the home game 7´s, losing all of the home OTs in the playoffs etc etc. Just a poisoned arena.

But yeah, this game can go either way.

Last edited:

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Jesus. I guess it would absolutely kill the team to bench Scuderi for Harrington. Wtf could it hurt to do that? You'd lose? You'd win?

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
anigif_enhanced-14515-1401225055-30.gif

We work hard and out muscle them...

anigif_enhanced-23705-1401226853-10.gif

We never give up...

ZBvQFVeqsQCPK.gif

And we put the fear of God into them for Game 6.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
First time since the Tampa series that I'm probably going to miss the last game of the season (cause of work). Oh well. What really hurts is that I'm not even enthusiastic about the off-season. Oh well, I'm sure I'll bounce back by the time FA starts until we make our first boneheaded signing-- on second thought, I forgot about the re-sign period before.

zacharoni16

Mar 15, 2013
"Through 2014, teams have trailed 3-1 in a best-of-seven series 270 times. Only 27 times has the trailing team comeback to win the series. Put another way, the team with a 3-1 series lead wins 90% of the time with the down-and-nearly-out team recovering only 10% of the time. The chart below describes all 27 such comebacks by year, team and round."

stash-1-246050db9563b2434.jpeg

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Penguins would have a shot at this thing... were Disco on the opposite bench.

That quip has probably already been made a billion times, huh? Oh well.

Penguinzilla*

"Through 2014, teams have trailed 3-1 in a best-of-seven series 270 times. Only 27 times has the trailing team comeback to win the series. Put another way, the team with a 3-1 series lead wins 90% of the time with the down-and-nearly-out team recovering only 10% of the time. The chart below describes all 27 such comebacks by year, team and round."

stash-1-246050db9563b2434.jpeg

We have the same as the Oilers did to win the lottery :yo:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Win one more, then lose yet again in front of Penguins management.

That seems like a very current-gen Penguins thing to do. Play decently all series long (considering) but can't score to save their lives. Drop both of the BTB home games (putting themselves in a 3-1 hole), inexplicably drop ten goals on the Rangers at home and finally bow out in pathetic fashion in front of the home crowd... one more time.

Yeah. I'm gonna go with that, too. Maybe not ten goals, though. That seems way too far out there even for this team. But somehow I see a truly bizarre game tonight that won't be at all representative of the series.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Losing 4 games to 1 isn't making it a series. They played hard each night, but the Rangers are better in every area of the game.
We've lost many games and series while clearly being the better tea. I don't think we stand much of a chance at winning this one but I agree the refs might actually take the chains off the Pens which should help their odds a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark