Confirmed with Link: Penguins place Zach Boychuk back on waivers (Claimed by Nashville)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Boychuk could've made the team, then he flubbed 4-5 prime scoring chances. He has no one to blame but himself. After that stuff happens all you do is prove why you were on waivers in the first place.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Boychuk could've made the team, then he flubbed 4-5 prime scoring chances. He has no one to blame but himself. After that stuff happens all you do is prove why you were on waivers in the first place.

So why didn't we waive Kennedy, who also failed on the second line, but he went one better...he's failing on Line 3 too.

Or Glass, who fails at everything for $1.1 million annually.

It's like we don't even care about keeping anybody with a modicum of skill in this organization.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
How many players did we forcefully deal this year for minimal gain, after KNOWING full well we had a numbers issue heading into the off-season, BEFORE the lockout? And one of those players was lost for nothing. Boychuk will make it two.

Why are we waiving Boychuk? Could we not use a 23-year-old winger? He's clearly not ready to be a top-six winger, but can someone tell me with a straight face that he doesn't deserve at least a LOOK on RW next to Sutter (instead of the black hole sporting jersey No. 48)?

With guys like Tangradi and Boychuk, this organization had a No. 2 Line LW-or-bust mentality...as if everything is perfect on the third and fourth lines. Which is assinine. Tangradi's better than Tanner Glass, and it's not close, and Boychuk is better than Kennedy (if not Adams).

Jeffrey's next. Only a matter of time. We're a joke.

I don't think they had that much value to considered "assets" Maybe Tangradi could have fetched more if it wasn't such a knee jerk move but there's a reason Boychuk made it to us on the waiver wire. He would add some speed to the bottom six but he doesn't have the size.

Saying they would be better than Kennedy at this point is like saying Hitler was better than Stalin. They're still pretty awful.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
So why didn't we waive Kennedy, who also failed on the second line, but he went one better...he's failing on Line 3 too.

Or Glass, who fails at everything for $1.1 million annually.

It's like we don't even care about keeping anybody with a modicum of skill in this organization.

Enough with Kennedy. He stinks this year, so now what? Okay so you trade him, then do what? Boychuk's not replacing his goals from past seasons and neither is Bennett.

I hate Glass but all Boychuk would do is also not score and we're down a penalty killer so I don't know what you want.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't think they had that much value to considered "assets" Maybe Tangradi could have fetched more if it wasn't such a knee jerk move but there's a reason Boychuk made it to us on the waiver wire. He would add some speed to the bottom six but he doesn't have the size.

Saying they would be better than Kennedy at this point is like saying Hitler was better than Stalin. They're still pretty awful.

So, keep the cheaper, younger guy! There's a salary-cap issue that we need to deal with, at the very least.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
How many players did we forcefully deal this year for minimal gain, after KNOWING full well we had a numbers issue heading into the off-season, BEFORE the lockout? And one of those players was lost for nothing. Boychuk will make it two.

Why are we waiving Boychuk? Could we not use a 23-year-old winger? He's clearly not ready to be a top-six winger, but can someone tell me with a straight face that he doesn't deserve at least a LOOK on RW next to Sutter (instead of the black hole sporting jersey No. 48)?

With guys like Tangradi and Boychuk, this organization had a No. 2 Line LW-or-bust mentality...as if everything is perfect on the third and fourth lines. Which is assinine. Tangradi's better than Tanner Glass, and it's not close, and Boychuk is better than Kennedy (if not Adams).

Jeffrey's next. Only a matter of time. We're a joke.

Pens have a number of bottom nine guys in the system who can step in next year and beyond. The biggest thing about losing Tangradi was his size and skill, which none of these guys have.

However, if Tangradi tops out as a third liner, I would prefer a guy like Farnham or Uher over him. Farnham and Uher IMHO will easily be better bottom nine guys than Boychuk for sure.

Having Vitale, Farnham and Uher in the bottom nine one day will be fun to watch. They won't score a whole lot, (well it wont be hard to score more than Glass), but they will make playing agt the Pens a living hell.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Why? Kennedy's proven more than both of them combined, horrid season or not. All things equal you keep Kennedy there and hope he can put a couple more in.

Kennedy has 4 points in 22 games. Bennett has 3 points in 8. Even if you don't want to take Bennett's 1st goal into consideration, he is still on pace for a better season than Kennedy.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I could see the argument with Tangradi, but Boychuk is far too soft and weak for a checking line role.

All you'd be left with is a smallish guy that doesn't hit, doesn't score and doesn't win any battles.

If we're putting a guy like Boychuk in the bottom six, let's just bring back the Ferraro brothers and Josef Beranek while we're at it.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Good riddance. The dude wasn't good. For all those losing sleep over him, why? Do you really want to go into the playoffs with Bennett and Boychuk in the top 12, and Despres and Bortuzzo on D? Despite the potential, that's a lot of unproven spots on a 'SC contending' lineup.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
To quote Wiz Khalifa.. "The quicker you're here, the faster you go"

Best of luck to Boychuk - but the guy doesn't belong in the NHL right now. Period.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
Good riddance. The dude wasn't good. For all those losing sleep over him, why? Do you really want to go into the playoffs with Bennett and Boychuk in the top 12, and Despres and Bortuzzo on D? Despite the potential, that's a lot of unproven spots on a 'SC contending' lineup.

i don't think a lot of people wanted ALL FOUR of those players in the lineup come playoff time, just two of them (Bennett and Despres). who else do the Pens even have that you think they should play and/or for who do you think they should trade?

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013

The "SC contending lineup" hasn't made it past the second round in 3 years and just got embarrassed last year by their rivals. Proven or unproven, doesn't really matter.

Fire Shero*

Oh thank god. He wasn't good. It was a long 5 or 6 games listening to so many glorify the guy and praise him for the smallest things. I'm glad he's gone. Worthless.

Bennett demoted, Boychuk waived. Is something brewing Shero? Now if we could only dump Adams, Glass and Kennedy all of the dead weight would be gone.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
the Pens apparently tried trading Boychuk but didn't get any takers so they put him on waivers.

i can't remember who said it but it was on Twitter earlier today.

oh I didn't think you could trade guys that soon after picking them off waivers

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oh thank god. He wasn't good. It was a long 5 or 6 games listening to so many glorify the guy and praise him for the smallest things. I'm glad he's gone. Worthless.

Bennett demoted, Boychuk waived. Is something brewing Shero? Now if we could only dump Adams, Glass and Kennedy all of the dead weight would be gone.

is something brewing? Malkin is coming back.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
the Pens apparently tried trading Boychuk but didn't get any takers so they put him on waivers.

i can't remember who said it but it was on Twitter earlier today.

Wouldn't be surprised. Why would anyone realistically trade for him if they knew that there'd be a possibility that he'd end up on waivers and they'd have a better chance of getting him there?

He's not a high commodity player so missing out wouldn't be that big a deal for a team.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Pens have a number of bottom nine guys in the system who can step in next year and beyond. The biggest thing about losing Tangradi was his size and skill, which none of these guys have.

However, if Tangradi tops out as a third liner, I would prefer a guy like Farnham or Uher over him. Farnham and Uher IMHO will easily be better bottom nine guys than Boychuk for sure.

Having Vitale, Farnham and Uher in the bottom nine one day will be fun to watch. They won't score a whole lot, (well it wont be hard to score more than Glass), but they will make playing agt the Pens a living hell.

If they won't score a lot, they have a chance Jiggy!

But wait about 4 years. They're not ripe enough.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ah well, he was worth a shot. Too bad he never managed to convert...he didn't wow while he was here, but he generated his share of chances.

SaturdayNightSlegr

Jan 2, 2009
Pittsburgh suburbs
Some people over think and miss the obvious, which is : Carolina gave up on this guy for free! They're guys like this put on waivers every year. We took a no-risk chance and lost, so the F what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad