Confirmed with Link: Penguins place Zach Boychuk back on waivers (Claimed by Nashville)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelFish87*

Boychuk could've made the team, then he flubbed 4-5 prime scoring chances. He has no one to blame but himself. After that stuff happens all you do is prove why you were on waivers in the first place.
Agree. Oh well it was worth a shot

st5801

Jan 31, 2005
How many players did we forcefully deal this year for minimal gain, after KNOWING full well we had a numbers issue heading into the off-season, BEFORE the lockout? And one of those players was lost for nothing. Boychuk will make it two.

Why are we waiving Boychuk? Could we not use a 23-year-old winger? He's clearly not ready to be a top-six winger, but can someone tell me with a straight face that he doesn't deserve at least a LOOK on RW next to Sutter (instead of the black hole sporting jersey No. 48)?

With guys like Tangradi and Boychuk, this organization had a No. 2 Line LW-or-bust mentality...as if everything is perfect on the third and fourth lines. Which is assinine. Tangradi's better than Tanner Glass, and it's not close, and Boychuk is better than Kennedy (if not Adams).

Jeffrey's next. Only a matter of time. We're a joke.
Boychuk is a dime a dozen player. We lost nothing by claiming him and we lose nothing by letting him go. The guy had a shot and did nothing to prove he was worth keeping around.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
The "SC contending lineup" hasn't made it past the second round in 3 years and just got embarrassed last year by their rivals. Proven or unproven, doesn't really matter.

Right. So why are people *****ing about releasing some waiver wire scrub? It would have been great if he worked out here, but he didn't. I am starting to question Shero's sanity though. We've had a hole in the top 6 for years, and he's tried to fill it with a revolving door of garbage.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Shero gets an F for asset management this year, and it's not even close.

No offense intended, you are seriously losing it bud. You're talking about a kid who is clearly not NHL ready (physically), had trouble doing much of anything useful in the several games he played, and generally is not going ot help any team light it up anytime soon.

Yes I'm all for replacing Kennedy and if we had the ability to send Manchuk to WBS then great we could've done that and kept him but we didn't so he's gone most likely. That's life with low production high upside prospects in the NHL. Would you prefer we waive someone like Kennedy or Adams who could actually bring us a draft pick in a trade potentially?

Think your comments through here. There's nothing Shero did that 30 other GMs wouldn't have done in the same situation. If he's such a gem why did Rutherford cut him loose in the first place?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Could we not use a 23-year-old winger?

Sure. However, when that 23 year old winger is Zack Boychuk, no, we could not use him and neither will anyone else as soon as that "he was a first round pick once upon a time" lustre loses it's shine.

Undersized player who's not smart and doesn't battle. There is no place on Columbus for a guy like that, let alone Pittsburgh.

If there was value to this player, he wouldn't have been waived twice now.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Right. So why are people *****ing about releasing some waiver wire scrub? It would have been great if he worked out here, but he didn't. I am starting to question Shero's sanity though. We've had a hole in the top 6 for years, and he's tried to fill it with a revolving door of garbage.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that in 2011 he traded for a guy who ended up a 1st Team All-Star, and tried to sign Zach Parise this past off-season.

KHstrike

Apr 23, 2012
Boychuk isn't NHL ready. Not for the 2nd line or any line. Tangradi wasn't worth any more than the 7th round pick we got for him. Other than the 1st period against us that he actually showed some heart, he's done nothing since then. He has 0 points in wpg, and his TOI has been going down steadily. He's a bum, plain and simple. The few games he had this year he was behind the play, not battling, not anything!

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
Unbelievable that people are upset about this move. Yeah, he's shown flashes, but couldn't finish. Low compete level along the boards.

It's like when people were complaining about Tangradi. And he is..... still pointless with WPG.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Unbelievable that people are upset about this move. Yeah, he's shown flashes, but couldn't finish. Low compete level along the boards.

It's like when people were complaining about Tangradi. And he is..... still pointless with WPG.

Exactly

Anyways I wouldn't mind him helping out he baby Pens if he goes unclaimed but I doubt Carolina doesn't pick him up

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Exactly

Anyways I wouldn't mind him helping out he baby Pens if he goes unclaimed but I doubt Carolina doesn't pick him up

I agree. per our beat writer.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip
Hearing the Canes will claim Boychuk off waivers. Badly needed in Charlotte with injuries to Dalpe, Nodl.

Since nobody else lower in the standings that the Pens claimed him the first time, I think he'll likely fall to the Canes this time and they'll claim him and send him to Charlotte. Who knows though, maybe injuries on a team lower in the standings will have someone put a claim on him (though I think that's unlikely)

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
At what time will Boychuk be claimed by Carolina or some other team?

In other words, how long does another team have to put in a waiver request?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
No offense intended, you are seriously losing it bud. You're talking about a kid who is clearly not NHL ready (physically), had trouble doing much of anything useful in the several games he played, and generally is not going ot help any team light it up anytime soon.

Yes I'm all for replacing Kennedy and if we had the ability to send Manchuk to WBS then great we could've done that and kept him but we didn't so he's gone most likely. That's life with low production high upside prospects in the NHL. Would you prefer we waive someone like Kennedy or Adams who could actually bring us a draft pick in a trade potentially?

Think your comments through here. There's nothing Shero did that 30 other GMs wouldn't have done in the same situation. If he's such a gem why did Rutherford cut him loose in the first place?

And why didn't any one of the team's with a lesser record put in a claim ahead of Shero?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
i don't think a lot of people wanted ALL FOUR of those players in the lineup come playoff time, just two of them (Bennett and Despres). who else do the Pens even have that you think they should play and/or for who do you think they should trade?

I think they should trade Brooks Orpik. I think that if Despres and Bennett continue to play the way they have been, they should remain in the line-up; but will acknowledge that BB could get pushed out of the line-up for the playoffs if we are able to trade for an established forward. Either way, BB will be a fixture this season.

If Despres' game falters at all, then I'd like to see Bortuzzo in the line-up full time. But again, I understand we have only so many spots to go around if everyone is healthy. But I would definitely want Bort retained for depth (in case of injury) and expect him to also be a full-time player next season. The one upside to not giving him a ton of ice-time now is that we should be able to re-sign him to an extension for less than we may have to if he was playing well for 15+ minutes every night.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
At what time will Boychuk be claimed by Carolina or some other team?

In other words, how long does another team have to put in a waiver request?
They have another 30 minutes, but if I'm remembering right they probably already made the claim, it just doesn't come out till noon who got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad