Penguins Off Season Thread - Useless Information Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
If he plays 10 games and the caps make the playoffs then Chara will cost more with bonuses
Making the playoffs would be a pleasant surprise for the Pens though... I wouldn’t be shocked to see them with like a 9 & 12 record at almost the halfway point of the season.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Chara fits in Washington. They’re not really built on speed anyway and he’ll get mostly D zone draws and heavy PK minutes with a partner that can skate the puck for him.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think Chara fits in Washington. They’re not really built on speed anyway and he’ll get mostly D zone draws and heavy PK minutes with a partner that can skate the puck for him.

You want to steer clear of that these days. Unless your playing with an awesome D man (which he won’t) and even then you’d rather stay away

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Something cant be disastrous if it has no actual effect on anything.

There has been plenty of negative PR that will not change a single thing.
Sure, the team’s performance won’t be impacted, but ownership has been an embarrassment as of late.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sure, the team’s performance won’t be impacted, but ownership has been an embarrassment as of late.

They applied and were approved for a loan they were eligible for

giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean if you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at the government for letting people as rich as Burkle be eligible for those emergency loans :laugh:

People suck in general, and rich people are certainly not an exception to that.

Reactions: heysmilinstrange

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean if you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at the government for letting people as rich as Burkle be eligible for those emergency loans :laugh:

People suck in general, and rich people are certainly not an exception to that.

The Penguins were forced to close a government owned building (that they are the sole consistent propitiator of from my knowledge, I’m not in PIT.) because of local government laws and took a federal government loan and vested it back into said local government owned building’s rent that they were not allowed to delay.

This is such small fry stuff, no surprise Gentille who usually writes fluff pieces is the one trying to comprehend it. Sports journalism doesn’t lend itself well to financial or political theater.

And yeah, every rich person is taking advantage of every loophole they can. I mean, if your mad about this you should be pissed about Crosby’s contract.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The Penguins were forced to close a government owned building (that they are the sole consistent propitiator of from my knowledge, I’m not in PIT.) because of local government laws and took a federal government loan and vested it back into said local government owned building’s rent that they were not allowed to delay.

This is such small fry stuff, no surprise Gentille who usually writes fluff pieces is the one trying to comprehend it. Sports journalism doesn’t lend itself well to financial or political theater.

And yeah, every rich person is taking advantage of every loophole they can. I mean, if your mad about this you should be pissed about Crosby’s contract.
So why did every other team not take a $1? It’s only a loan if you don’t use the funds. Do we have a PR department?

Would you have any issues if Burkle declared no income on his taxes so that he could qualify for food stamps?

-The self imposed cap
-Sexual assault lawsuit
-Taking funds from the small business bureau but then buys effing Neverland ranch only months later
-keeps Rutherford and Sullivan employed not because they are doing a good job, but ownership is too cheap to pay them and their replacements

It’s been a string of poor decisions as of late, which is unusual for Mario.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
I turn my brain off at this kinda stuff. I follow hockey for the hockey, I’m not here to get mad at politics or billionaires. I do enough of that outside of hockey.

I’m not a Ron Burkle’s accountant fan, I’m a Penguins fan.
Wait until they find out that Burkle’s name was found in Epstein’s black book and on his private jet log.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
So why did every other team not take a $1? It’s only a loan if you don’t use the funds. Do we have a PR department?

Would you have any issues if Burkle declared no income on his taxes so that he could qualify for food stamps?

-The self imposed cap
-Sexual assault lawsuit
-Taking funds from the small business bureau but then buys effing Neverland ranch only months later
-keeps Rutherford and Sullivan employed not because they are doing a good job, but ownership is too cheap to pay them and their replacements

I think maybe it's time for a break. It's just pages and pages of you bitching about this team. With the starting of a new year, take some time to reflect on your fandom and see if it is still working for you. From an outside view, the fandom just isn't working for you. Maybe find a new team to cheer for, a team that meets your values of how they should run themselves. A team that doesn't make you post 28 pages of the same arguments over and over again.

Take some time for yourself and forget about the Penguins for a while. Live for you.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

-The self imposed cap
-Sexual assault lawsuit

Sounds like this team from the owners, GM, head coach, and players have given you every reason needed to stop supporting and following them AND, most importantly, stop posting here.

There are better run teams with better owners, GMs, coaches, and off season signings...so off you be to greener pastures.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Ok? To what end?

Anyone that cares enough about them to follow the stories doesnt care enough about the incidents enough to leave. The casual fan probably doesnt even know about the stories. The only people that care enough about the stories are people that want to dislike them, but they already do.

So at the end of the day it aint much different than politics.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ok? To what end?

Anyone that cares enough about them to follow the stories doesnt care enough about the incidents enough to leave. The casual fan probably doesnt even know about the stories. The only people that care enough about the stories are people that want to dislike them, but they already do.

So at the end of the day it aint much different than politics.

Are we allowed to get mad at the municipal of Pittsburgh for basically being an asshole landlord?

The city basically said no income for the Penguins, but also pay us the rent you owe us immediately.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m bummed that we won’t have any west coast games. I live in Pittsburgh, and love 10:00 pm games. I loved watching the west coast playoff games after the Pens failed to show up.

I’ll have to record most games and turn off my phone (to avoid spoiler alerts) since my kids go to sleep around 9:15 pm these days.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I’m bummed that we won’t have any west coast games. I live in Pittsburgh, and love 10:00 pm games. I loved watching the west coast playoff games after the Pens failed to show up.

I’ll have to record most games and turn off my phone (to avoid spoiler alerts) since my kids go to sleep around 9:15 pm these days.

You have kids? Do they whine and complain as much as you do? Does it annoy you or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese