Penguins Off Season Thread - Useless Information Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Da hell are these images? I thought they were mug shots.
Norm!

So an ex-Penguin head office bloke and an ex-Penguin player director of player personnel and of course, ex-Penguin Ronnie Franchise is their Pres.

Can they take Mike Sullivan and JR too? I don't really need to follow the Kraken either.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Honestly it’s hard for me to care at all about this up coming season, or any for the foreseeable future. Feels like we’re exiting the window where team sports can be imagined to matter.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
i swear norm maciver hasnt aged in 20 years. Too bad hes looked 60 for 40 years

I wasn't expecting to bring this game up again like a week after doing so in another thread, but...MacIver was traded the day of the second game I ever went to (12.28.95 Whalers @ Pens) for a guy I only recognized for being abused by Mario in highlights from the 91 Finals...if only Wilkinson was the only defenseman we'd acquire years after the fact because they tried (and mostly failed) to defend Mario in the early 90s. Oi.

I liked Norm MacIver, if only because he looked older at 31 than my dad's friend Norm did, who would have been ~50 at the time.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Honestly it’s hard for me to care at all about this up coming season, or any for the foreseeable future. Feels like we’re exiting the window where team sports can be imagined to matter.

Even more reason to watch it play out. Every game, win or lose, should be a minor celebration of Sid/G's career.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Interesting thread. I'm going to invest more time into analytics this season. I love looking at numbers and have more time at home at the moment. Probably sign up for a few pay sites to see what they are like and settle on one.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
You could have just played video games

Everyone knows you skate below the goaline then pass across crease to skater in slot for a goal

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean, I get it and I understand what you are saying, but its pretty hard to "escape" when our entire team has been quarantined due to potential exposure..

I get it. I know it will be tough. But we have a Covid thread for that and we can't speculate. We just go with what news brings us and go from there. It keeps it easy.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Jarry ranked 22nd on the latest goalie ranking done by GMs and coaches for The Athletic.

Anonymous NHL Coach said:
"He was consistent in the American League for four years. It’s always tougher to continue to do it year after year, but I think that the way he plays and the mentality and what his character is like, there’s a level of consistency there that he can learn adjustments at the highest level. He’s competitive. Guys love him. He’s smart.”

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
They put Price above Rask which says all it needs to IMO. Also Markstrom is # 5 and Bob is # 8.

Jarry was also ranked 19th @BHD is just being their typical apolitical negative self.

My bad. Murray, not Jarry, is 22.

The analysis on Bobrovsky is accurate IMO. Although, I agree, most of their responses are questionable. Gibson at #7 behind Markstrom (#5) and Hart (#6). Okay...

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
My bad. Murray, not Jarry, is 22.

The analysis on Bobrovsky is accurate IMO. Although, I agree, most of their responses are questionable. Gibson at #7 behind Markstrom (#5) and Hart (#6). Okay...

I get Hart because of upside. Markstrom is 30+, consistently injured and had one really good year.

I get if they are going to overvalue the previous year, but why is Kuemper so low then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad