Penguins Off Season Thread - Useless Information Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's PPG and they sponsor the arena

HA! Well played.

Wait, really? On Reddit posters are acting as if Lemieux and Burkle personally threw grandmas off cliffs and then punched small business-owners in the face while taking food out of growing children's mouths.

I mean I'm not going to renounce my fandom or anything dramatic and ridiculous like that but taking almost 5M in taxpayer money and then having Burkle turn around and buy Neverland Ranch, of all things, for 22M is not a terribly good look. It's kinda gross, actually.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
HA! Well played.

I mean I'm not going to renounce my fandom or anything dramatic and ridiculous like that but taking almost 5M in taxpayer money and then having Burkle turn around and buy Neverland Ranch, of all things, for 22M is not a terribly good look. It's kinda gross, actually.
Well, the loan was probably disbursed in March and his purchase JUST happened. Was taking ppp money arguably unethical and against the spirit of the program? Yeah. Was it illegal? No. They had every right to receive one under the language of the program. Be mad at the government for allowing it to occur. Hell, Ruth's Chris was chastised almost as soon as the program came out for getting millions in loans for their franchises. The Lakers were going to receive one before people found out and flipped their shit.

The penguins werent the only massively wealthy and valuable organization to receive loans. Just the only sports franchise

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
HA! Well played.

I think it's gross, too, but they're a large business, so of course they do gross things. That's how extreme wealth is accrued. If I refused to support companies with shady practices, I'd have to become a gutterpunk. My post was more of a comment on Reddit discourse, which is good for gifs and jokes but terrible for nuanced discussions about serious issues.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
HA! Well played.

So they took back their own money? Plus it is a loan, not free money.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I had a whole thing to respond to the above but I suppose I'll just say you all do you and I can't help but be a bit disappointed.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I actually have to work this week after having one off (right after a mandatory quarantine) so while your assumption is a good one, I actually am back to JUST coffee.

I’m lucky to be able to work from home but I have to take the dog for a blood test or Id probably down a few. Also have to sign off on the scope of works for 460k contract today so I should have my wits about me lol

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Anyone else surprised Gruden and Bellerive didn't make the cap roster?

No.

This'll be Gruden's first pro season. And Bellerive, while a good hockey player, was shown to be behind Miletic on the depth chart. Miletic was almost part of the most recent Rona Squad when the Pens had their playoff roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad