Rumor: Penguins make Jeff Petry available

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Join date 2013. You already know how it works. We won't get the real opinion until he has been dealt
If you are being skeptical about it.

No full honesty, he's fine. We're not sure what Hextall has planned here.

Losing Petry will weaken our D, unless he assumes he's going to trade for a cheaper one, and use the rest of the cap space to help the bottom 6.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I was excited until I saw the source. Next time you’re at the local deli getting assorted meats ask the clerk about the Pens’ deadline plans and you’d get more accurate information than from Bud Moonshine.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Kingerski is not above just making stuff up and there is nobody he is accountable to. He’s a tier below Hfboard trade proposal poster.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Short of a trade to Detroit, I don't see him waiving.
Detroit, Philly, maybe Columbus ?
Assuming teams in Canada know he doesn't want to play north of the border, he could well have designed his NMC to make it close to impossible to move him.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
The only Petry trade that makes sense is for a younger/better RD, so it ain't happening.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Detroit, Philly, maybe Columbus ?
Assuming teams in Canada know he doesn't want to play north of the border, he could well have designed his NMC to make it close to impossible to move him.
He's from Detroit. He hoped to go there from Montreal. He's not waiving for a non-playoff team, and I don't see him uprooting unless it's to finish out his career in Detroit.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Where's the pens fans who were arguing with me when I laughed at them getting him and said he was terrible? He's trash like I said

Pens fans in this thread don’t seem to have a problem with him, he’s been good for them by the sounds of it
The Pens fans who say he's been good have had a thing for the guy for ages. He can do no wrong in their eyes.

During his time in Pittsburgh, he has been acceptable. Not good. Not bad.

I didn't like the acquisition from the beginning because he's not worth $6.3M now at age 35, and he's certainly not worth that until he's 37.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
The most asinine thing about all this is posting a rumor from Pittsburgh media about hockey. Especially Kingerski.

He's probably thrilled with all the hits He's getting

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Pens fans who say he's been good have had a thing for the guy for ages. He can do no wrong in their eyes.

During his time in Pittsburgh, he has been acceptable. Not good. Not bad.

I didn't like the acquisition from the beginning because he's not worth $6.3M now at age 35, and he's certainly not worth that until he's 37.

Your entire argument against him is “he’s old so I don’t like him”.

He’s been everything he was advertised to be before the trade, outside of his goal scoring impact at 5v5. He’s been really solid for the Penguins.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Your entire argument against him is “he’s old so I don’t like him”.

He’s been everything he was advertised to be before the trade, outside of his goal scoring impact at 5v5. He’s been really solid for the Penguins.
No, my entire argument is that he doesn't bring $6.3M of value to the Penguins now, and he most definitely won't two years from now. Don't deliberately misrepresent what I said.

Your second point just reinforces what I've said. Underwhelming goal scoring impact. Effective defense. Acceptable player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad