Rumor: Penguins make Jeff Petry available

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I’m not sure I understand the fans that are critical of Petry other than that they are the type that are critical of everything.
What? Explain how he's even remotely moved the needle for the Pens this season??? Matheson was dominant at time for the PENS.

D O M IN ANT ......( spelled out for emphasis)

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Yes I love 23+ minute players that produce at 40 pt rates and have good underlying metrics.

Wild how such horrible players are playing good games on a decent team yet were plugs and awful on one of the worst teams I. the league.
Sorry what? He was more productive in MTL then he is in Pittsburgh. He is replacement level player, your team plays him ten minutes a night, he is a fringe player.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I don't think Poehling is a plug. Has skills that certainly flash and a nice burst of speed, Along with being our best bottom 6er arguably.
Fair enough, glad you guys are happy with him.

We had high hopes for him - good size, good wheels. Wish he used his size and was more physical.

He was the MVP of the WJC, scored 3 in his first NHL game. He just never rounded into much of a player. And FWIW, before anyone else gets their back up, a plug to me is a guy that is easily replaceable. Habs replaced him with Jake Evans for example, also a plug. Poehling was thrown in the trade because he wouldn't have made our team, and there was little to no trade market for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad