Confirmed with Link: PENGUINS LAND IGINLA! Trade Hanowski, Agostino, 2013 1st-rounder to Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'm sooooooooooo sorry Shero. I can't believe I ripped him so bad and then right after I went to bed he pulls this off. Whoooooooo. :laugh:

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
What a thing to wake up to. I had to rub the sleep out of my eyes first and after I re-read it a few times I yelled to my wife downstairs that "the Penguins just traded for an awesome player!" Laughing now thinking about it.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
When I saw this news this morning my first reaction was to literally stand up and applaud.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
What a thing to wake up to. I had to rub the sleep out of my eyes first and after I re-read it a few times I yelled to my wife downstairs that "the Penguins just traded for an awesome player!" Laughing now thinking about it.

Same here, I just saw on the ticker Agostino and a 1st and said to my self what the hell did we trade for thinking that Iggy to Boston was already done. When I saw it after I woke her the wife as well with a scream, lucky for me the kids didn't :laugh:

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I am not sure what lineup I'd want to see but I'd be 100% fine with ether of these top 9 setups...

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Bennett/Morrow - Sutter - Bennett/Morrow

Or

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett/Morrow - Malkin - Neal
Morrow/Bennett - Sutter - Dupuis

I'm literally equally as fine with the line up as long as out top 9 looks something like this when they are all iced.

Bond

May 10, 2012
The return makes me feel bad inside.

That said. You must win a cup now. YOU MUST!

Go Iggy Go.

Sjb141

Dec 11, 2008
So after all the moves - if you would have been told we would give up Morrow, Dagostino, Hanowski, a 2013 1st, a 2013 2nd and a 2014 2nd and would get back Iginla, Morrow, Murray and a 2013 3rd....I'm pretty sure you say yes 100% of the time.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Courtsey of Ea.

BGbCw_rCEAA0JEm.jpg

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I am not sure what lineup I'd want to see but I'd be 100% fine with ether of these top 9 setups...

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Bennett/Morrow - Sutter - Bennett/Morrow

Or

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett/Morrow - Malkin - Neal
Morrow/Bennett - Sutter - Dupuis

I'm literally equally as fine with the line up as long as out top 9 looks something like this when they are all iced.

It's sad cause I was thinking of the possible lines this morning while taking my shower :shakehead

I got for my top 9 the following

Iggy-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Morrow

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I guess Calgary really was stuck on getting forwards like some of you said last night and who was that guy posting here last night (Pit fan or something like that in his user name) He said this would happen. Lucky guess.

CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

I fell asleep when reports said he was going to Boston. Woke up and WE GOT HIM! He must have really wanted to come to Pittsburgh and Feaster's hands were tied.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
:laugh: Expected.

I feel like we paid more for Morrow than we did for Iginla. Weird.

Yeah, it came down to Iggy's decision. Feaster liked Boston's offer better but his hands were tied.

I think Morrow and Murray trades were a part of factor of why Iggy chose Pittsburgh.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I personally would mix it up a little. Sid with Iggy. Geno with Neal. Sutter with Cooke. Treat everything else as fluid. Duper could pop up L1 LW, L2 LW, L3 RW. Kunitz could pop up L1 LW or L2 LW. Morrow could pop up L2 LW or L3 RW. Bennett, if he dresses, could get a random shift at L2 LW or L3 RW.

I'm right there with you on keeping:
Crosby-Iginla
Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter

Hope DB is thinking the same way.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Just woke up and am effing stunned. Great trade. I don't think Hanowski will ever become an impact forward at the NHL level, the 1st is going to be the last pick of the round, Agostino I do like, but if that's all it took to land Iginla, then I can't be anything but extrememly satisfied.

Great, great trade as neither of the players involved are likely to be very high-level NHL guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad