Confirmed with Link: PENGUINS LAND IGINLA! Trade Hanowski, Agostino, 2013 1st-rounder to Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
That's my only worry up front . . . Bylsma won't do that. He'll put Kunitz with Sid and Iggy, which makes Geno a question mark potentially depending upon how the musical LW game works out.

Then again, maybe Shero has one more trick up his sleeve . . . :D

Kunitz-Sid-Iggy
???-Geno-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Adams-Bennett (yeah, I know, but you know there's no way).

No way. I think DB will keep Dupers with Sid. DB's stubborn ways will actually work out for us this time. I think they've been itching to knock Kunitz down with Geno/Neal. This move makes that possible.

Keeps a decent amount of line chemistry as well. Geno's line is the same as last year. Sutter is with Cooke. Morrow brings some more edge in the corners. And Sid gets an elite RW.

DB can't **** this up. It's too easy IMO.

AltDess

Jun 19, 2009
Originally Posted by JTG
I had to look at Pithockey22's posts. He called both the Morrow and Iginla deal. That, or he's just crazy enough and lucky enough to hit both deals
I would say he is friends with someone high up in the Pens organization
Probably someone from Pens PR
Listening to -SK on Pens radio now talking about how it went down for them...they got a heads up early that evening that the deal was done, the PR and web staff went to work preparing the website and announcements, all the while reading online and twitter that Iginla went to Boston when in fact they knew Iginla was going to be a Pen.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
No way. I think DB will keep Dupers with Sid. DB's stubborn ways will actually work out for us this time. I think they've been itching to knock Kunitz down with Geno/Neal. This move makes that possible.

Keeps a decent amount of line chemistry as well. Geno's line is the same as last year. Sutter is with Cooke. Morrow brings some more edge in the corners. And Sid gets an elite RW.

I don't think they traded Joe Morrow to start Brenden Morrow on the 3rd line. He'll get a decent shake on the Malkin line, imo. By decent shake, I mean give it 4 more games. 4 games with Morrow on Geno's line and 3 games of KCI

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
HAHA I knew this was going to happen. I went to bed at like 3am...awesome to wake up to this.

I have to go back and read the board meltdown now. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
takes balls for Shero to be confident enough that he wanted to come "here" that he didn't panic and add Maatta, Pouiot, etc...

Yep . . . could've played out badly. Not sure if that really was his max or if he knew the hand he was playing. I assume it was the latter.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

No, the easy call is Kunitz-Sid-Iggy and to say 'hope someone works out with Geno and lazy ***'.

I don't think they traded Joe Morrow to start Brenden Morrow on the 3rd line. He'll get a decent shake on the Malkin line, imo. By decent shake, I mean give it 4 more games. 4 games with Morrow on Geno's line and 3 games of KCI

That is what I think will happen. In a way, it's a shame. Not the lines, but the concept. Teams are absolutely going to sell out to stop Sid and Iggy. Their left wing could be ******* Glass, and they'd sell out. That makes Geno a wild card to exploit or to partially neutralize, based upon how, where, and with whom he is used. If Bylsma handles it like 2009, where Malkin was 70-30 with Talbot and Feds but also all over the lineup, then it could work quite well. BUT, Granato, not Fitzie, runs the forwards, so I have my doubts that Malkin will see more than 18-19 minutes a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->