Confirmed with Link: PENGUINS LAND IGINLA! Trade Hanowski, Agostino, 2013 1st-rounder to Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I believe you have to put him with Sid immediately. It's a no brainer.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow/Bennett/Dupuis-Malkin-Neal

The other option is to move Kunitz back with Geno.

Iginla-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

I personally would mix it up a little. Sid with Iggy. Geno with Neal. Sutter with Cooke. Treat everything else as fluid. Duper could pop up L1 LW, L2 LW, L3 RW. Kunitz could pop up L1 LW or L2 LW. Morrow could pop up L2 LW or L3 RW. Bennett, if he dresses, could get a random shift at L2 LW or L3 RW.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Reading through some other Atlantic conference threads this morning is comedy gold. I'm absolutely drunk on all of the tears and hate. :laugh:

This is the most positive I've ever seen this board. It's a good day based on that alone. :)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Reading through some other Atlantic conference threads this morning is comedy gold. I'm absolutely drunk on all of the tears and hate. :laugh:

This is the most positive I've ever seen this board. It's a good day based on that alone. :)

You and I are doing the same thing my friend. :laugh: Productivity for the win!

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I personally would mix it up a little. Sid with Iggy. Geno with Neal. Sutter with Cooke. Treat everything else as fluid. Duper could pop up L1 LW, L2 LW, L3 RW. Kunitz could pop up L1 LW or L2 LW. Morrow could pop up L2 LW or L3 RW. Bennett, if he dresses, could get a random shift at L2 LW or L3 RW.

No team can handle Duper/Sid/Iggy and Kunitz/Malkin/Neal. That's truly a scenario where teams will have to sell out on Sid and likely still lose the battle while Malkin literally tears teams a new one.

All while having several options for Sutter. Morrow in a third line role is money.

Xavier Laflamme*

I remember watching last years all star game and seeing Iginla acting like a giddy little child watching Malkin and constantly looking at other teammates asking "did you see that?!?" Iggy has gotta be so stoked right now.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Holy crap woke up to quite awesome news! And damn that's a steal!! I feel like we gave up more for Morrow.

bottompairingdman

Feb 13, 2013
A Wild fan coming in peace.

Just wanted to congratulate you guys, Iggy is an incredible addition to your already stacked roster. A great deal for you, especially for the surprisingly low price you had to pay.

All in all, I wish you well for the playoffs (providing that we don't meet in the finals..) Win it for Iggy, m'kay?

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
xmas came early! wow @ that return. I hope Bennett stays in and Kennedy sits but I dont have my hopes up. So pumped to see this team in action!

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
So, what's happenin' this morning guys? Anything new? :sarcasm:

Just another Christmas morning as a six year old for me :handclap:

SteelFish87*

lotta whining from the Cryers lol

funny we still have a much better prospect pool than they do LMAO :yo:

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Expanding on MurphyDump's post from the other day
Put the 2nd rounder into consideration: the Pens got Edmonton's 3rd rounder in the 2-Morrow trade, which is slated to be a high 3rd rounder; they gave up their 2nd rounder in the Murray trade, which may be a low 2nd rounder.

If you put both trades into the equation, we're essentially looking at this:

B Morrow + D Murray for J Morrow + a 5th + a conditional 2nd rounder

Brendan Morrow
Doug Murray
Jarome Iginla
(All three rentals)

For

Joe Morrow
Kenneth Agostino
Ben Hanowski
1st in 2013
Conditional 2nd (out in first two rounds or not signing Murray becomes 3rd)
5th

:yo:

Shero's thinking "How do you like me now?"

NTP 3

Aug 19, 2010
Got up early this morning to study and I didn't want to turn on my computer cause I assumed all I would see is Iggy traded to Boston crap. I figured I would look just to see what Boston traded for him and wow did I get a nice surprise.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have to go back and read where you found out. Joy.

The funny thing is.. .I went to bed just before 1am because TSN finally reported "Done Deal" to Boston. :laugh: I have been talking to SS, who did an amazing job last night moderating everything, and couldn't believe I fell asleep 30 minutes before it all went down.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
So I've been thinking about it. I really think that Iggy chose to play with Sid over anything else, but if the Brenden Morrow trade had any effect on his thought process, I hate it less...

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
If fans are this excited about waking up to Iggy on the Pens. I can't imagine what Crosby was like when he heard the news. Can it be said... Iggy could get Sid to another level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad