Friedman: Penguins have "tested the market" for Kessel

cspera777

Jul 6, 2018
Krug and a 2nd for Kessel?

Kessel is worth a lot more than that. If I remember right the pens gave up 1st and 3rd round picks, their top prospect, 3rd line center Nic Spalding and a solid defense prospect in Scott Harrington. Kessel has more value now than he did then. Acquiring him will cost a decent top 6 winger and a decent top 4 defenseman and maybe one more piece.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Kessel is worth a lot more than that. If I remember right the pens gave up 1st and 3rd round picks, their top prospect, 3rd line center Nic Spalding and a solid defense prospect in Scott Harrington. Kessel has more value now than he did then. Acquiring him will cost a decent top 6 winger and a decent top 4 defenseman and maybe one more piece.
You are aware age is a thing, right?

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

You are draaaaaaaastically underestimating the value of a puck moving defenceman on a great contract. Kessel would not get you Krug.

I say that as a big Kessel fan.

cspera777

Jul 6, 2018
You are draaaaaaaastically underestimating the value of a puck moving defenceman on a great contract. Kessel would not get you Krug.

That's your opinion, for me and would take a lot more than Krug to get a Kessel.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You won't like what it would cost you. Think Klefbom, Puljujarvi/Yamamoto + a pick

Yeah, no. I love Phil but nobody is giving up a 25 year old top pairing defenceman ++ to get him.

Klefbom’s got a spectacular value contract, is on track for 40 points, and logging 26+ minutes a night for us. You wouldn’t like what he would cost you.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yeah, no. I love Phil but nobody is giving up a 25 year old top pairing defenceman ++ to get him.

Klefbom’s got a spectacular value contract, is on track for 40 points, and logging 26+ minutes a night for us. You wouldn’t like what he would cost you.

Last thing the Oil should do is trade a good Dman.

Which makes them a bad trade partner for the Pens. The ONLY thing to trade Kessel for is a top 3 D.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

All of 5'9" Torey Krug?

I get D-men have more value, but.... I fart in your general direction.

Krug is not even in the same stratosphere.

Reactions: cspera777

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I assume you mean the part where he’s talking to Botterill about a deal with Jimmy and that if he wanted to get that deal done he could?

What makes you think he’s referring to Kessel?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I don't think trading Kessel solves their issue of too much money spent on a porous d corps.

This is it. The Pens aren't trying to fill a hole. They're trying to flip like half of their defense. Letang, Dumoulin, and Schultz (assuming he regains his form for next season) are staples on the blue line. Maatta, Johnson, and Oleksiak, however, need to go.

Ideally, the new guy would be stronger on the right side, but I don't think that's a priority. Just get somebody who can move the puck without being a train wreck in their own zone.

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
Interesting. Knowing Blake, I could see him trying to pedal Martinez or Muzzin for Kessel.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Borgman, Brown & 1st cuz Offence

Kapanen - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - - Tavares - - Kessel
Johnsson - Kadri - Nylander
Hyman - - Lindholm - - Ennis

Yes ik we cant afford him, dont even want him back tbh, and it would take more to get him

this was for fun, dont get fired up

Happy HFBoarding

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad