Post-Game Talk: Penguins don't go gentle into the good Knights (lose 3-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Didnt get to watch game. But heard we didnt look bad. Puck just didnt go our way tonight????

I'm sorry guys guilty pleasure of mine is to go on Pens FB page when we play LV and see the cult of flower in all their glory.

Of course they never disappoint.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think Kahun is starting to get more comfortable. He played well tonight.

The effort was there by the team. Can't be upset considering the circumstances they faced tonight.
I mentioned him after last nights game that he was trending in the right direction. Tonight was another good showing.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So uhhh...can Riikola be moved to D and actually play now? Thanks.

Seriously. I would very very very much look to explore my other options when it comes to contracts next year if I were him. I'd demand a trade.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
MAF stole the game. Now tied for 7th all time in wins and one step closer to the HHOF. Jarry was great. Only real minus I have is the same as last night, the PP set-up. Sid and Tang on the off side just kills their ability to shoot.

I agree totally and have nothing further.
We got no breaks, and MAF was great and lucky both. Happens. On to the next one.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rust added to that line would fit in great on that line. Why wouldnt Gal/Geno shoot tho? Malkin played in one game and Other played 2.

I know but that’s his typical MO and AG wasn’t shooting much at ES in his limited time...

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Would be good to see Kahun tried with some more talented players. His linemates have no idea how to get him the puck in good positions. They forced passes to him in the slot when he was covered and he got stuffed like 3 times tonight on one-timers.
That being said, Vegas are like the best shot blocking team ever.

Reactions: Doogle and Andy99

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Did MAF celebrate like he just won the Cup? I couldn’t watch, and I’m just asking this because last season when they lost a close game in Pitt, he was more mad than when he let in 3 goals in 5 mins against the Sharks in the playoffs.

So sick of people gushing over him. Great regular season goalie, seems like a decent person, but this city’s obsession with him is plain odd.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jarry +++ Only down a goal until you pull him late is very promising.

The Pens had some quality chances and have no shame in their effort on the 2nd of b2b's. Yeah, it was Fleury, but who cares, he earned his shutout. The Pens down fall is being a little to slow to the puck and not capitalizing on the chances they got. Playing yesterday certainly explains a lot.

I guess I heard the shot total wrong or something? Maybe it was shots attempted.

I'm not mad. I was entertained and at the edge of my seat.

Congrats Vegas...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So sick of people gushing over him. Great regular season goalie, seems like a decent person, but this city’s obsession with him is plain odd.
He played well no question, but he must be living right because there were a lot of breaks that went his way tonight. That was crazy good luck tonight. lol

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

It is easy to fall in love with goalies, especially when you see your team make playoffs every year. It is easy to remember their name because of their position.

For a bunch of fair-weather yinzers, they'll know of Crosby, Malkin, MAYBE Letang, and Fleury. They don't know shit about the rest of the line up for hockey strategies or anything. But they get that name recognition.

Pavlov's dogs and all that.

Reactions: ncm7772

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Once in awhile..id Rather hear guys like Marino, Kahun, and others stepping up and us losing a a 2nd of a b2b the way we did(playing til the end, a structured game , etc) than us win but play like we did the last two seasons. Had our 5 game win streak, and busted their asses off while being depleted and on b2b. A loss with the new guys (that we need to step up, not necessarily Blandisi, AJ, etc) standing out above the others(such as Schultz, Simon, ZAR, etc) are exactly what is needed at times if we are gonna achieve what we want to.

Or what I want them to do lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: