Post-Game Talk: Penguins don't go gentle into the good Knights (lose 3-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I never implied you meant that.

Pretty sure my statement conveyed what I thought JR would do based on his history the last couple seasons and also what I actually hoped for.

Ok...fair enough... I know JR has traded upcoming UFAs the last couple years but not before that...there were others whose contracts he let expire and it backfired for him with Hags...I just don’t see him trading a top 4 D man unless we’re out of it or have a better replacement...JR wouldn’t be that stupid to rest our PO hopes on a young rookie who has yet to play a full season plus POs...no matter what you think of JR

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Ok...fair enough... I know JR has traded upcoming UFAs the last couple years but not before that...there were others whose contracts he let expire and it backfired for him with Hags...I just don’t see him trading a top 4 D man unless we’re out of it or have a better replacement...JR wouldn’t be that stupid to rest our PO hopes on a young rookie who has yet to play a full season plus POs...no matter what you think of JR

He did it with Cole, so I could definitely see him doing it again if a deal he liked rolled around.

He has mentioned in the past about not liking when he loses good UFAs for nothing, and his actions bear that out.

I do feel strongly that replacing what JS does shouldn’t be terribly difficult if JR actually has his head on straight.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He did it with Cole, so I could definitely see him doing it again if a deal he liked rolled around.

He has mentioned in the past about not liking when he loses good UFAs for nothing, and his actions bear that out.

I do feel strongly that replacing what JS does shouldn’t be terribly difficult if JR actually has his head on straight.

Certainly would be interesting to see them run..

Dumo - Letang
Pettersson - Gudbranson
JJ - Marino

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
no way do I trade Schultz unless and until one of JJ or Guds is gone first....

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If you trade Schultz you need a player who basically is close to Schultz and signed longer or a player better than Schultz. That’s probably not an easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad