Post-Game Talk: Penguins at Rangers - Game 2 - April 18 (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't think it's a huge issue, we're not going to be getting 6-7 Powerplays every night. Hopefully lol

More concerned about relying on the powerplay to win than having a mediocre one.

Last edited:

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Hm, hopefully AV use his best players, but in my opinion T. Glass ain't this season.
6 pts in 66 games with -12.

- Sheppard have 2 goals in 14 games which is not great with -1, but he have some pts in last year playoffs. :)

It's all about putting the best possible lineup on the ice, isn't it? Then Sheppard > Glass.

Slats said specifically that he liked Sheppard's play in the playoffs and that's why he picked him up.

Would I prefer to have Sheppard in the lineup?.... for sure... the problem is that he is not in the lineup and I really dont think Sheppard alone would have made a difference last night to be honest. To many of the guys were just not into the game like they should be, Glass however was not one of those guys. I have been one of the harshest critics of Glass and his play but last night just wasnt one of those nights.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'm ******** myself thinking about tomorrow.

This team can't have three subpar games in a row, right?

Right?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Would I prefer to have Sheppard in the lineup?.... for sure... the problem is that he is not in the lineup and I really dont think Sheppard alone would have made a difference last night to be honest. To many of the guys were just not into the game like they should be, Glass however was not one of those guys. I have been one of the harshest critics of Glass and his play but last night just wasnt one of those nights.
The problem is Glass in the lineup makes that line a defensive liability as opposed to last playoffs when theyd be intentionally matched with Crosby's/Malkin's lines.

Now instead of being able to throw a responsible 4th line out against them we have to waste Brass or Stepan's lines.

Basically including a player like Glass in the lineup who turns his line into a liability immediately makes the matching lines harder. We want Brass against their 3rd or 4th line not Crosby/Malkin.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The problem is Glass in the lineup makes that line a defensive liability as opposed to last playoffs when theyd be intentionally matched with Crosby's/Malkin's lines.

Now instead of being able to throw a responsible 4th line out against them we have to waste Brass or Stepan's lines.

Basically including a player like Glass in the lineup who turns his line into a liability immediately makes the matching lines harder. We want Brass against their 3rd or 4th line not Crosby/Malkin.

I've never wanted to be in someone's mind before, but I'd really like to dive into AV's mind and see the real truth behind his obsession with Tanner Glass.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've never wanted to be in someone's mind before, but I'd really like to dive into AV's mind and see the real truth behind his obsession with Tanner Glass.

It's frankly obvious. It's like when a manager hires his buddy that he's known for years over someone more qualified. NEPOTISM. There is no other way to explain it.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY

That is true... but again like i said... Glass played well in comparison to others on the team last night. Again I'll repeat I do not want him in the lineup but I don't see any good situations when he comes out. If they lose tomorrow night then we might see him come out for game 4. My thoughts on him are based on last night and last night alone. I think he is a terrible hockey player but he was not the biggest problem last night.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Agree to disagree boys. The Rangers played one good period (3rd last night), two decent periods (both 1st periods), and the rest were rather bad.

To me, Pittsburgh has dumbed and slowed the game down. They played two expertly maneuvered road games. The Rangers need to push the play and dictate the play. Way too passive out there.

They're feeling the pressure. Gripping the sticks way too tightly out there. Hopefully they feel less pressure on the road.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
That is true... but again like i said... Glass played well in comparison to others on the team last night. Again I'll repeat I do not want him in the lineup but I don't see any good situations when he comes out. If they lose tomorrow night then we might see him come out for game 4. My thoughts on him are based on last night and last night alone. I think he is a terrible hockey player but he was not the biggest problem last night.

Agreed, but that still doesn't mean Shepp SHOULDN'T be in the lineup.

The only way Glass comes out of this lineup is via an injury.

Wolfy*

We'll bounce back, better on the road. I'll feel pretty good if we blow those penguins out of their own building...5-1 win tomorrow :nod:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
They're doin serious recovery tonight. We should see some nice jump in their step tomorrow night.

10666019_1430606673920585_550107680_n.jpg

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
I like it better when the Rangers don't have home ice advantage.. They seem to play much better on the road.

I expect the Rangers to be at their best for the next two games in Pitt, then get blown out in game 5 at MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad