Post-Game Talk: Penguins 8, Flyers 5 - Jake says . . . IT'S OVAAAH! (Guentzel mic'd up post #663)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
See I just disagree that the compete level wasn't there in the losses. It was. We racked up shots, we took dumb penalties. The care was there.

The execution/results were not. Saying the Pens treated those losses like they were exhibition games is just not accurate in my mind.

I'm talking about the Flyers not the Penguins. The Flyers compete level was garbage in their losses. Maybe I wrote "Penguins" instead somewhere.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm talking about the Flyers not the Penguins. The Flyers compete level was garbage in their losses. Maybe I wrote "Penguins" instead somewhere.

Sorry, I guess I misread what you wrote then. Mondays, man.

Yes I would absolutely agree that the Flyers compete level in the losses was horrid. That team wilted under pressure against us all year. What a difference in mentality they have from Lavy to Hakstol.

I think we'd have beat them with Lavy as coach too but you better believe Lavy would have made it awfully hard on us and his teams wouldn't roll over and quit.

Reactions: UnderratedBrooks44

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
You’re confirming my point right?

Personally, nope. To me that indicates its not special teams giving him his high ice time and it points to his ice time being reduceable... if the other pairings are good enough to take on the added ES ice time.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

You woke us up :laugh:

This is a 100% jackpot. Couple things I noticed from the trash talk:

- Guentzel was so badly under the skin of Giroux.

- Jake is a great chirper. It's not about being a tough guy. It's about saying the thing the other person isn't expecting. Jake did it perfectly. Tough guys are pointless. The right jeer will keep them seething forever.

- The Pens bench really did rally behind Kessel attacking Giroux. Kudos to Kessel.

- And kudos to Giroux. Girioux and Gudas should have part of their salaries paid by the Penguins because they helped us so much. Those idiots.

Reactions: TNT87

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This is a 100% jackpot. Couple things I noticed from the trash talk:

- Guentzel was so badly under the skin of Giroux.

- Jake is a great chirper. It's not about being a tough guy. It's about saying the thing the other person isn't expecting. Jake did it perfectly. Tough guys are pointless. The right jeer will keep them seething forever.

- The Pens bench really did rally behind Kessel attacking Giroux. Kudos to Kessel.

- And kudos to Giroux. Girioux and Gudas should have part of their salaries paid by the Penguins because they helped us so much. Those idiots.

Jake counting the goals is sooooo f***ing annoying.

Loved it.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dude has some decent chirps, but boy it's hard to take them seriously with his 10 year old sounding voice :laugh::laugh:
Kinda what I was thinking as well. But I wonder something. I wonder if we get by the next round if Kucherov or Stamkos or some such player will ''wake him up''. I wonder what the difference would be in facing Hedman instead of Gudas. I wonder about that.

Vyruz Reaper

Oct 4, 2005
Sunny SoCal
He
Letang is one of the best blueliners to ever play for this franchise. People sadly won't realize it until he is gone. Thought they would have learned that lesson last season when the Pens got shelled most of the playoffs and their transition game was ass, but guess not.

Malkin makes just as many boneheaded turnovers and takes as many bad, selfish, hotheaded penalties.

That's who they are and both can play disciplined hockey when they want, but it goes agt their nature and hotheaded temperaments.

He eats up a lot of ice time. There aren't a lot of blue liners that can do that

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Letang is one of the best blueliners to ever play for this franchise. People sadly won't realize it until he is gone. Thought they would have learned that lesson last season when the Pens got shelled most of the playoffs and their transition game was ass, but guess not.

Malkin makes just as many boneheaded turnovers and takes as many bad, selfish, hotheaded penalties.

That's who they are and both can play disciplined hockey when they want, but it goes agt their nature and hotheaded temperaments.

Ugh, Just of recent history, I can recall our own kind bashing Gonch to high hell. When he left - so did our powerplay (minus 2013 and 2018) and the majority of a transition game.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Speaking of the Pens trolling.

Penguins GM seethes over Flyers fans’ conduct

“There were frustrated fans,” Rutherford said in an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Monday. “They decided to waste their money and throw some things on the ice that they had already spent money on. I guess some of them have more money than brains.”

Kinda what I was thinking as well. But I wonder something. I wonder if we get by the next round if Kucherov or Stamkos or some such player will ''wake him up''. I wonder what the difference would be in facing Hedman instead of Gudas. I wonder about that.

Yeah, if only Guentzel had a highly successful cup run under his belt while being on Crosby's line. Then we'd know if elite players could "wake him up" but what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad