Post-Game Talk: Penguins 8, Flyers 5 - Jake says . . . IT'S OVAAAH! (Guentzel mic'd up post #663)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
tenor.gif

Philadelphia celebrates pretend American heroes like Rocky Balboa. Pittsburgh celebrates real ones . . . like Jake Guentzel.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++++++++++ Jake Guentzel: Insane. He had one shift that completely took over the game. He was so dominant. It's not even his goals, it's everything else. So dominant. That shift completely took over the game. Jake was the hero we needed to step up. Wow.

++++++ Sid: Also took over in this game. I am running out of words. Sid lived up to his hype and more.

++++ Maatta: Best and only defender I will give a plus to. Had an extra jump in his game. His outlets were crisp. He was joining the rush.

+++ Sheahan: Great Jordan Staal-like game by Sheahan. Faceoffs, PK, offense, etc. Really great stuff by Sheahan.

++ Sully: Look... it may not show tonight but trusting Mur for the 3rd period was a gamble that may pay off in the next round. He trusted Mur, when he shouldn't have, and we won the game. That is a gamble. And that gamble might restore confidence in #30. Confidence we need.

+++++++++++++ Team defense: When Mur struggled, the team defense shut down the Flyers in the 3rd period. Most notably Sheahan/Sid. Sid made a play early in the 3rd that was mindnumbing backcheck/hustle. And he blocked the shot and got us an outlet. That team defense restored Mur's confidence even the slightest.

----- Injuries: Dammit. Exactly what we needed to avoid. The playoffs is all about luck and we need Hags/Geno back. We need Kessel/Horny at full health. We need Mur at full health.

- Defense: I'm going to leave it at that. Pathetic by Letang. Pathetic by Schultz. Dumo had an inconsistent game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Nice 3rd period.

- to me I predicted a 6-5 win. Damn you Jake.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
This was such an ugly game with a bit of beauty thrown in here and there (mainly Guentzel).

A win is a win though, I'll take it.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
If you combine the knowledge of every Philadelphian, they might be able to get a below average score on the SAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad