Post-Game Talk: Penguins 8, Flyers 5 - Jake says . . . IT'S OVAAAH! (Guentzel mic'd up post #663)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Kinda what I was thinking as well. But I wonder something. I wonder if we get by the next round if Kucherov or Stamkos or some such player will ''wake him up''. I wonder what the difference would be in facing Hedman instead of Gudas. I wonder about that.

Do you honestly like the Penguins? Or are you in the long line of Pens_X, Terrapin, etc. mold who just finds ways to tear down the one good thing you have going in your life?

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do you honestly like the Penguins? Or are you in the long line of Pens_X, Terrapin, etc. mold who just finds ways to tear down the one good thing you have going in your life?

Amen. But then again - some people really do live life this negatively. That's why they go to the internet because people in real life have stopped listening. There is only so much negativity a human being can take. Some people only see the negatives in life. As Badger Bob said - that isn't a way to live life.

If i didn't see those people in real life, i'd believe it was trolling. But it's a legit human being who only sees negativity i life. It's so damn sad. The Penguins/hockey would seriously be the last thing I could be mad at. We are sitting on back to backs. Blah blah everyone knows. It's great.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I have a lot of good things going on in my life actually. Not that it's any of your business. I just think I have higher standards than most. That's probably the underlying difference.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Speaking of the Pens trolling.

Penguins GM seethes over Flyers fans’ conduct

Yeah, if only Guentzel had a highly successful cup run under his belt while being on Crosby's line. Then we'd know if elite players could "wake him up" but what can you do?
I guess I don't see how taunting Giroux like that is important. Or should be applauded. Win the game, celebrate the goals, then move on. Act like you've been there before, because well you have. But I don't think he'll be taunting certain other players on other teams and be as effective.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I live/work in the Philly area.. and a couple weeks ago we had a company outing and went to a Flyers game. At the game, they were handing out posters and were given to everyone. The next day I come in and I have a Flyers poster hanging up at my desk covering my Penguins stuff.. I took it down without a fuss and stored it away for this very moment. I am now going to hang this up in my office where everyone can see it.

IMG_64333.jpg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I live/work in the Philly area.. and a couple weeks ago we had a company outing and went to a Flyers game. At the game, they were handing out posters and were given to everyone. The next day I come in and I have a Flyers poster hanging up at my desk covering my Penguins stuff.. I took it down without a fuss and stored it away for this very moment. I am now going to hang this up in my office where everyone can see it.

View attachment 116417

I called my dad who is a die hard Flyers fan after the Letang set up to Jake.

“How about that missed penalty?”

Reactions: Shady Machine

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I guess you just picked up a sense of
stoicism even the team can’t emulate when you know, “you worked for the team.”
When I do give props to individual players or the team as a whole I never see you comment on those posts. I think some here are very selective in what posts they hone in on. I talked about how Good the Crosby line was, how great Dumo was throughout this series, ect. Yet I'm only perceived by some as negative? LOL

It's just so completely absurd. Some of you like to cherry pick.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
When I do give props to individual players or the team as a whole I never see you comment on those posts. I think some here are very selective in what posts they hone in on. I talked about how Good the Crosby line was, how great Dumo was throughout this series, ect. Yet I'm only perceived by some as negative? LOL

It's just so completely absurd. Some of you like to cherry pick.

I mean, your criticizing a player who had 4 goals in a elimination game and framing him being cocky to Giroux as bad. When mental atrrition is half of the game anyone close to hockey be that fan or player knows that.

Reactions: That1Kid

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I mean, your criticizing a player who had 4 goals in a elimination game and framing him being cocky to Giroux as bad. When mental atrrition is half of the game anyone close to hockey be that fan or player knows that.
I criticized his taunting not his play. And no, taunting is not half the game, it's childish and shouldn't be promoted. And I know the vast majority of players do it, in any sport or at any level. I know it first hand, but it doesn't make it right. And I'm certainly not gonna glorify someone who does it even if it's a player from my favorite team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I criticized his taunting not his play. And no, taunting is not half the game, it's childish and shouldn't be promoted. And I know the vast majority of players do it, in any sport or at any level. I know it first hand, but it doesn't make it right. And I'm certainly not gonna glorify someone who does it even if it's a player from my favorite team.

You should probably find a new franchise because Mario, Jagr, Crosby and Malkin have all done the same shit Jake did.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Lol. That was some really light hearted taunting. If that bothers you then you should probably quit watching sports altogether

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You should probably find a new franchise because Mario, Jagr, Crosby and Malkin have all done the same **** Jake did.
When I was in my teens one of my friends kept taunting a big ''goon'' on another team. We had 6-1 lead with three minutes left, he scored a goal to make it 7-1. He taunted the guy and the guy beat the hell out of him, knocked out a couple of teeth. It was a mess. lol

Did I fill bad for my friend? Or, did I think he had it coming? lol

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Lol. That was some really light hearted taunting. If that bothers you then you should probably quit watching sports altogether
I think Jake who sounds like a 10 yr old taunting someone isn't exactly gonna intimidate anyone. lol

I just think it's stupid.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
We are living in the golden age of Penguins hockey. They just won two straight cups, have two of the top 5 forwards in the league on their team, a top 5 winger, one of the best goalies in the league, and a ton of young talent, including a kid who scored 4 straight in a playoff game - which literally only 3 players have ever done - to eliminate an archrival team. And people are tone policing the team's celebrations??

Just enjoy this. It will never get better for Pens fans than it is right here and right now. 8 years from now, when this franchise is irrelevant again, you will wonder why you were complaining in 2018.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

View attachment 116417
The guy above Simmonds looks like a Vulcan. No wonder they looked emotionless at times.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I guess I don't see how taunting Giroux like that is important. Or should be applauded. Win the game, celebrate the goals, then move on. Act like you've been there before, because well you have. But I don't think he'll be taunting certain other players on other teams and be as effective.
This sounds like someone who hasn't ever played sports before. This is downright tame compared to some things I've heard. It's part of the game. Find some clips of Steve Ott or Lapierre....you'll be amazed at what some guys say :laugh:

Reactions: Turin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad