Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Devils 2: Geno Prevents ColePens from Losing His ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Nothing wrong with a good ole agree to disagree. We can prove to the negative ppl out there that not every disagreement needs a 45 page fight.
iu

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I'm not gonna lie. One must have a Rhino-thick skin (or a humiliation fetish) to take all the humiliation that Potash does.

I think most of it is all in good fun.

Although if I was him during the year where they would spray him while he was filming on the bench during warm-ups...

At some point I would have wanted to fight....

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
man I missed Marino....what a difference he and Petts make....I don't want to shit on Tanger, we just can't go full blast without him, what worries me, he is not skating with the puck...whenever they try to "simplify" his game he starts sucking...I love complicated Tanger...

a very good game by Blueger and Tanev...

finally with over 50 shot attempts...

good NZ play...

McCann with good first than kind of disappeared

baby steps....

and Geno....even when he was being blasted here and he did have a bunch of bad plays, he never stopped skating, pouncing all over the ice...it just worked much better tonight...Rust is kind of flat not terrible, but not creating havoc like he did earlier, maybe they need a better third wheel

Zuck really impressed me with his forecheck...maybe put him with Geno and rust and put Horny with Sid and sheary..Horny is wasted on that McCann line

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh
This game was a step. Could have gone either way. Pens gave up too many chances. 1st goal IMO was on Murray but he atoned.

Letang went back to junior high. Insecure. Impetuous. All stoopid emotion and no brain. Can't win a cup with him in the lineup playing like this

Sid will get it back. Let's all give him a break. I'm frustrated too but I'll take his ebb in March over April and beyond.

Team still lack cohesiveness, massively. Running into each other. Many, many missed passes and one timers.

Anyone fretting (and I'm talking to myself here) needs to just breathe. There's time. There's talent.

If I'm a betting man, we're opening up against Philly. Game one on Broad or Fifth?

Reactions: Andy99

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
These post game interviews seem much more player friendly and appropriate.

I'd hate having those slugs around me after a hard nights work when I'm wet from a shower and changing my clothes.

Or the whole Brandon Sutter incident.

Like you guys couldnt point the camera anywhere else???

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
In terms of the hockey and not the mean girls arguing...

I liked our game. I thought the forecheck was relentless, thought we were okay at limiting off-man chances, thought most of our guys had good games, and that we earned all of our goals and could have had more. Little lucky in places but good game. Geno was outstanding, particularly at the end. I thought all of the bottom 6 energy guys brought it, which was big, particularly Rodrigues' goal. I thought that was Rodrigues' most patient and composed game here so far. Little shout out to Schultz for his best game in a long time and also to Zucker & Sheary for their chemistry. Finally, Murray let in a bad one at a bad time but that save on Palmieri late in the 2nd paid for all sins.

The two guys you've got to single out are Letang and Crosby.

Letang... a lot of the game he wasn't even that bad, but that penalty was stupid and selfish and he should take Blueger, Tanev, Rust, Dumo, JJ and Murray out for dinner to say thanks for saving his dumb ass. We need leaders. Got the opposite. Be better dude.

Crosby... yeah. Not great. I think he's not going to be entirely right until the off-season. Just the way it is. Still flashed quality at times but doesn't seem able to bull his way through players like he could. Looks to be conserving himself a little.

But take it as a building block.

p.s. Geno is Score.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
COULD be a game they build off of...
We'll see.

McCann @ C and both ERod/Lafferty in is the correct bottom 6 and it took an injury to get it.

Sid/Letang have to wake the **** up.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
yeah we need to have one of these better games against a good team. But it's better to have them vs bad teams than vs no teams I guess :laugh:

we don’t have many bad teams left...Ottawa may be it...the Metro is getting tighter and we need to lay some wood (not the NJ kind) on some of our competitors

Reactions: Ogrezilla

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh
In terms of the hockey and not the mean girls arguing...

I liked our game. I thought the forecheck was relentless, thought we were okay at limiting off-man chances, thought most of our guys had good games, and that we earned all of our goals and could have had more. Little lucky in places but good game. Geno was outstanding, particularly at the end. I thought all of the bottom 6 energy guys brought it, which was big, particularly Rodrigues' goal. I thought that was Rodrigues' most patient and composed game here so far. Little shout out to Schultz for his best game in a long time and also to Zucker & Sheary for their chemistry. Finally, Murray let in a bad one at a bad time but that save on Palmieri late in the 2nd paid for all sins.

The two guys you've got to single out are Letang and Crosby.

Letang... a lot of the game he wasn't even that bad, but that penalty was stupid and selfish and he should take Blueger, Tanev, Rust, Dumo, JJ and Murray out for dinner to say thanks for saving his dumb ass. We need leaders. Got the opposite. Be better dude.

Crosby... yeah. Not great. I think he's not going to be entirely right until the off-season. Just the way it is. Still flashed quality at times but doesn't seem able to bull his way through players like he could. Looks to be conserving himself a little.

But take it as a building block.

p.s. Geno is Score.

Agree with pretty much all of this.
My only question is why is 13 not playing top 9? Guy creates opportunities and can carry the puck

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad