Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Devils 2: Geno Prevents ColePens from Losing His ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Also, I had to watch the game late due to work but I legitimately just noticed Bjugstad didn’t play.

I noticed both Laff and E-Rod but didn’t think anything of it.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Geno deserved a hatty. He brought this team back from dead. Le'selfish robbed him of that. That's been my point the whole time. Not a team player and defense isn't the position for selfishness. Be a wing. He's throwing a tantrum because he was taken off pp1 and that's one of our untradable/leaders?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Murray is gewd
Pens put up a better defensive effort, which isn't to say it was great, especially against a team like the NJ Devils, a team that is more so looking at the top 10 pick this June, but it's games like this that will build back up Murray and Jarry. I am hoping both goalies and the team in front, can claw their way back to not being f***ing idiots on the ice, consistently.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
Malkin was obviously very good, as was Marino and Tanev. But I think Murray deserves a lot of credit, and I say that as someone who thinks Jarry should be the primary starter. That's the MM we saw in 16-17.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Also, I had to watch the game late due to work but I legitimately just noticed Bjugstad didn’t play.

I noticed both Laff and E-Rod but didn’t think anything of it.
To be fair, you wouldn't notice Bjugstad if he was healthy, I barely noticed when he was back and then I didn't even notice until it was pointed out, that he was out.

Nick Bjugstad was in the Invisible Man during the invisible scenes, there's no CGI used in that movie at all, just Nick doing the stunts.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
In that moment? He absolutely is. Then in the locker room he gives him shit and jokes around. But G was pissssssssssssssssssssssed.
Yeah man. You can't just flip a switch and turn off that competitiveness. Have to wind down a bit first.

And then maybe cut Tanger's laces :naughty:

What the f***... the dude is 80?!?!??! There is no way.
But those are regular years. He's really only 40 in Norris years. Still in his prime!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
ESyYqSgUUAEoRut

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Screw the Letang ENG stuff. Geno is not going to give a rats ass after the game, nor is he going to measure himself on a hatty against Lottery Jersey.

What matters is that we won, a game we really, really needed.... and what we can bitch about wrt. Letang are those other instances where he showed just how dumb and undisciplined he is. I legit woke up my entire family when he took that penalty.

Malkin was superb. There were other good things to dwell on but I haven't the time.
Will say that I didn't miss Bjugstad at all. Did miss Sid though.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Screw the Letang ENG stuff. Geno is not going to give a rats ass after the game, nor is he going to measure himself on a hatty against Lottery Jersey.

What matters is that we won, a game we really, really needed.... and what we can bitch about wrt. Letang are those other instances where he showed just how dumb and undisciplined he is. I legit woke up my entire family when he took that penalty.

Malkin was superb. There were other good things to dwell on but I haven't the time.
Will say that I didn't miss Bjugstad at all. Did miss Sid though.

Bjugstad misses the game.

Pens play their best 60 min effort in 11 games.

Coincidence? I THINK f***ING NOT!

BRING IT, THAT WANKER THAT POSTS THOSE FANCY ANALYTIC STATS THAT BJUGSTAD IS GOOD, HE ISN'T. HE SUCKS. HE'S GARBAGe!!

Reactions: Trade and KIRK

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Sick and tired seeing all the praising Malkin gets. This is self Russian and needs to be traded immediately. Lets not forget that he snubbed DK just couple of days ago after the game. HE DOESN'T CARE. trade him now!!!

Reactions: vodeni and KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I forgot to add that one of things I liked about this game was that even the fourth line got minutes...Lafferty played 12+ minutes and he was the lowest, and that really helped the play overall I think...good job Sully...now fix those lines/pairs..

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
This is where I point out that Jesse also said tonight that this team needs ZAR back.

Make of that what you will.

I agree with Jesse totally. I think there's very little reason not to considering what Blueger's line has been without him.
You don't have to love ZAR to appreciate what that line was consistently doing for us.
If ZAR goes back to being exactly the same and the Blueger line ditto, then we are much better for it no matter that ZAR himself produces very unspectacular looking showings/stats.

If Blueger's line was to suck even more on ZAR's return.... then we have another debate on it.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo and JTG

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Malkin and Murray saved this team's ass. Murray, aside from what I think was a flukey goal, shined all night. He made some gigantic saves.

Rodrigues, Tanev, and Marleau were really noticeable with their speed and forechecking ability.

My patience with Kris Letang is at an all time low. I have never thought he was such an integral part of the team that we couldn't do it without him as long as we brought in a guy like Schultz of the Cup years who could be a legit PP threat and add some points from the back end. The guy has been more frustrating this season than I can ever remember. Sully taking him off PP1 is exactly what needed to happen, though he will probably be right back on PP1 next game.

What in the world is wrong with Sidney Crosby?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What in the world is wrong with Sidney Crosby?

Core muscle surgery will do that to you. I don't expect we'll see the real Sid until next season. Hopefully it doesn't take that long, but it probably will. I think it was Giroux who had the same surgery, was awful for an entire season after the surgery, then bounced back afterward the following year to record 100 points.

My guess is Sid will putter along at this 70% version of himself the rest of this year, then hit his stride sometime in November or December of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad