Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Devils 2: Geno Prevents ColePens from Losing His ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
seriously. If Geno is actually upset (I highly highly doubt he is) are people really going to say Letang is the bad teammate in the situation? They are grown adults, and friends. I'd be shocked if they aren't laughing. Geno will probably rib him about it for a couple days, but no way is he actually mad.
Going on experience, geno was probably legitimately mad for 5 seconds, and he'll be joking and razzing letang about it constantly on the plane ride home. And maybe for the next week. They've been teammates for 15 years.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Pretty sure there were texts proving she made it up.

Some people think she made up the rape part because her father said if he ever caught her doing drugs again, he'd throw her out on the street.

But Enzo's jackass behavior didn't do anything to earn him the benefit of the doubt, especially in today's world.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Malkin is much better than Sid right now and it’s time the coach recognized that. Defensively as well.
what does that even mean...recognize how? get a medal??? Sid played against a really good line tonight Geno dominated Hughes and Zajac, a little bit easier job....what coach needs to do is to compliment Sid with players that work the best at this point when he may not have 100% jump comng off of that injury,

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
My hope is that Geno’s monster game and the 5 on 3 kill were turning points. Maybe irrational since it was just the Devils, but I’ll cling to it until Thursday.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
i was only able to watch from the second on, but what i saw showed a few more glimmers of the team we got used to than the ottawa or buffalo games. i'm not ready to buy all the way back in yet, but...glimmers.

geno doing massively geno things was obviously key - like wes said, talking the talk, walking the walk

good for rodrigues and for schultz showing a pulse

thought tanev looked more turbo-like - had some great looks

sid and zucker are getting closer to chemistry, but shears is truly not adding much. i did love sid giving murray to save a goal late though. didn't show on the scoreboard, but i thought it was a better game for him in spots. bjugstad going out again so soon makes me extremely suspicious.

murray had a really strong game aside from the first goal, imo.

bottom line for me is, i wasn't planning to tune in after my score checks during the first, but a friend of mine was in attendance and said they were playing better, and i'm glad i gave them the time tonight.

now to hope they just don't sit back on these laurels - build on them.

Reactions: WayneSid9987

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Some people think she made up the rape part because her father said if he ever caught her doing drugs again, he'd throw her out on the street.

But Enzo's jackass behavior didn't do anything to earn him the benefit of the doubt, especially in today's world.
Today's world is a clown show, though. At the end of the day, I'm not going to declare him guilty of something that I wasn't there to see in which the accuser has tremendous character issues to begin with.

Mike Tyson got railroaded in a bogus rape case years ago and still has to go around as "convicted rapist" Mike Tyson.

Not every accusation is true, and if we operate under that assumption, we might as well not have a legal system.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Think the crying about Geno not getting a hatty is lame as hell. We got the win, that’s more important than a hat trick....

Imagine Letang passes to Geno in front of our own net and shit goes south somehow and they score. The one goal game for no reason at all outside of personal accolades.

Letang would be crucified if an unneeded pass to Geno in front of our own net went haywire.

It’s a reach, I suppose....but really? That’s what we’re gonna focus on?

JUST WIN BABYYYYY

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
While McCann was pretty good tonight he needs to find the back of the net. This is getting a bit ridiculous. He needs to pop a few in.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Geno should be deployed as the #1C. Sid should be deployed as the #2C. That also means potentially giving Zucker to Geno and Rust.

what does that even mean...recognize how? get a medal??? Sid played against a really good line tonight Geno dominated Hughes and Zajac, a little bit easier job....what coach needs to do is to compliment Sid with players that work the best at this point when he may not have 100% jump comng off of that injury,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad