Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Blue Jackets 4 (SO) - No Letang, No Problem . . . Just as ColePens Foresaw It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Yeah, KIRK and many others said - Cole's performance tonight was monster. We just don't have that in our defense. Can't give him up. Move Hunwick. Do not move Cole.

Pouliot = to or > than Hunwick........... and much cheaper

I will be drunk by 7:07 on Friday.... look for a buttmunch banging the glass in the corner

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
So maybe we need to move Sheary for a player with more jam.

Unless, of course, we have a better target than Pac. A team that would take Letang or futures.

Honestly, I'd keep Letang... but that's more emotional than rational.
to trade sheary would be to trade one of the rare players that show pulse night in night out, the guy who wherever you put him in the line up turns that line into a positive possession line,

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Murray has backed this team to two Cups. Let's cut him some slack. Oh and including he shut the Preds out in game 5 and 6... After Fleury blew it vs Ottawa.

I don't need reminded of that. I was at game 5 last year vs Nashville. I'm probably one of the few people here who watched him in Wilkes Barre live. He's got a lot of leeway for a reason but his play has not been up to par almost the entire season. Is he even in the top 30 among starters for SV% and GA? This forum shit on MAF when he put up similar numbers. Hell, even when his numbers were slightly better. Threads were created to bitch about it.

Murray will be fine, especially come playoff time. But there is nothing wrong with calling him out for having a regressed season. Most of the Pens haven't been up to snuff.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I don't need reminded of that. I was at game 5 last year vs Nashville. I'm probably one of the few people here who watched him in Wilkes Barre live. He's got a lot of leeway for a reason but his play has not been up to par almost the entire season. Is he even in the top 30 among starters for SV% and GA? This forum **** on MAF when he put up similar numbers. Hell, even when his numbers were slightly better. Threads were created to ***** about it.

Murray will be fine, especially come playoff time. But there is nothing wrong with calling him out for having a regressed season. Most of the Pens haven't been up to snuff.

That's fair. Everyone sucks this year aside from Maatta and Kessel

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
to trade sheary would be to trade one of the rare players that show pulse night in night out, the guy who wherever you put him in the line up turns that line into a positive possession line,

I don't disagree. It is just that we do lack jam on the LW. Of course, I would look to ADD to our LW corps before thinking of trading Sheary. I only brought up moving Sheary because in my fictional world, we had acquired Pacioretty.

In the real world, I would look for a LW like prime Kunitz.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Like most, I believe our problem is more legs and mental motivation than anything else. I do not want JR to make a short sited blow up the team type move to chase a 3 peat that may just not be in the cards. Trading Letang for pennies on the dollar is just not a good idea. Take a chance on duclair, swap Cole or Hags for a 3C, bring in a good room vet for the team to rally around, just don’t blow it up.

+ Hags was great
+ Geno
+ Maatta looked better than expected on PP1
+ Kuhn has a little more jump tonight and was great in OT
+ Rowney still an anchor 5v5 but did his job tonight

- Murray
- Hunwick
- Sid, needs to shoot more
- Reaves

Reactions: ColePens

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Yes and no.

There is always that burst from him, but plays also die on his stick or when he falls down and gets knocked off the puck, and gets abused on the boards.

It's really a two way street with him.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I don't disagree. It is just that we do lack jam on the LW. Of course, I would look to ADD to our LW corps before thinking of trading Sheary. I only brought up moving Sheary because in my fictional world, we had acquired Pacioretty.

In the real world, I would look for a LW like prime Kunitz.
prime kunitz was fast to get to the puck plus he was strong to deliver the hit, thats double whammy, we won two cups without any jam only with speed speed=jam

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Like most, I believe our problem is more legs and mental motivation than anything else. I do not want JR to make a short sited blow up the team type move to chase a 3 peat that may just not be in the cards. Trading Letang for pennies on the dollar is just not a good idea. Take a chance on duclair, swap Cole or Hags for a 3C, bring in a good room vet for the team to rally around, just don’t blow it up.

+ Hags was great
+ Geno
+ Maatta looked better than expected on PP1
+ Kuhn has a little more jump tonight and was great in OT
+ Rowney still an anchor 5v5 but did his job tonight

- Murray
- Hunwick
- Sid, needs to shoot more
- Reaves

Trading Letang could also start the process like the Neal trade did.

I'm not 100% on the idea, but his play each game is making it a little easier each time.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm happy to get 2 points

But not very impressed that it took a shootout win against a CBJ that is missing a lot of their top players.

I'd give Jarry the start on Friday.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Honestly, I’d be fine with riding out the season to a high pick. I know Crosby and Malkin aren’t getting any younger but this team just looks like it won’t wake up until they fail and get embarrassed. There are worse things than not ****ing up with a bad trade. The coaching staff also needs some self reflection. They’re not a perfect roster but they’re not the **** they’ve been so often,

If there is a major trade or if they miss the playoffs it should be made very clear to a lot of people that they’re responsible for it.

I hate to give up on any season with Sid/Geno only having so much time of being elite players left. But if it's not in the cards, it's not in the cards.

They better lottery protect that pick if they move it.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I hate to give up on any season with Sid/Geno only having so much time of being elite players left. But if it's not in the cards, it's not in the cards.

They better lottery protect that pick if they move it.

I’m not saying give up on the season, just don’t go all-in with short sighted moves as the leaders on the team (Sid mostly) have given you no reason to believe they will get it done even if you do.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Poor game from Hunwick, i agree, but let's not forget he was on the top pairing tonight...way over his head.

You see Olli's shots and puck movement, then you see him get walked like he did tonight. You see what a warrior Cole is when he's on...

Bottom line for me is, if it's not a fantastic package(or player) for Letang, Cole or Maatta, i don't trade any of em right now...

Complete BS on that Hunwick comment. Cole and Ruh step up when needed, Hunwick doesn’t even look good playing as a # 4 even as a # 6. You say that comment if he is on a one year 1.9 mil deal or something, but we gave him term to be a solution and a vet. He has easily been our worst D.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kane and a decent 3C would do wonders for this team. Give us the depth scoring and physical dimension on wing.

Pick up Bjugstad and Kane? Would be very difficult to keep us to the outside and away from the net.

Reactions: farscape1

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Looks like Pens can win against teams they really don't like.

Now we just need to get into the playoffs and play Flyers, CBJ, and Caps and another repeat looks good.

Reactions: farscape1

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens' game plan to start most first periods.

giphy.gif

Reactions: NEPA

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kane and a decent 3C would do wonders for this team. Give us the depth scoring and physical dimension on wing.

Pick up Bjugstad and Kane? Would be very difficult to keep us to the outside and away from the net.

I'm not sure that Sid and Geno don't BOTH need a LW. Obviously, both won't get one, but methinks both may need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad