Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Blue Jackets 4 (SO) - No Letang, No Problem . . . Just as ColePens Foresaw It

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Wait, you think Oleksiak is the worst dman since Scuds? Really? I mean, sure, he may end up being terrible, but thats strong words after only three games.

Is there another option other than the cyanide and gunshot to the head?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Didn't realize Rust was injured.

That quote is so obnoxious and Sully always gives it. Rust could have his head cut off by Dubinsky on the ice and Dubinsky be standing there holding it aloft while he screams a barbaric yell and Sully would still say after the game that he hasn't met with the training staff yet and doesn't know the status of Rust.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Phil not working in the dirty areas means Geno has to spend an inordinate amount of time there given the LW options. So, it may not matter to Phil that Phil doesn't work in the dirty areas, but it does compromise what Geno can do.

True. Which is why you wouldn't play Pacioretty with them.

I'd love a Pacioretty - Sid - Horny line. Pac would have a lot of space to unleash his shot.

Reactions: KIRK

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Phil not working in the dirty areas means Geno has to spend an inordinate amount of time there given the LW options. So, it may not matter to Phil that Phil doesn't work in the dirty areas, but it does compromise what Geno can do.
thats why you have a $4M guy to hunt the puck

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
- Glad they won and pulled out the two points from the depths of despair, but CBJ were missing their top two pivots, best blueliner and a top six winger.

- Couple pages in and no one mentions Phil? This team would be so f***ed without him...

- Going to be honest, I felt pretty pissed watching Rowney and Kuhn out there in OT killing the penalty... couple guys down in WBS that can play their roles and actually provide offense, but Sullivan is attached to his coal miners.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Poor game from Hunwick, i agree, but let's not forget he was on the top pairing tonight...way over his head.

You see Olli's shots and puck movement, then you see him get walked like he did tonight. You see what a warrior Cole is when he's on...

Bottom line for me is, if it's not a fantastic package(or player) for Letang, Cole or Maatta, i don't trade any of em right now...

Holy hell, he played 22:41, all at ES or the PK.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Wait, you think Oleksiak is the worst dman since Scuds? Really? I mean, sure, he may end up being terrible, but thats strong words after only three games.
He meant Hainsey was basically swapped for Hunwick. So he's calling Hunwick the worst dman since Scuds.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I actually liked Jake-Horny with Geno that one shift. Maybe it would work? I don't think they've ever tried Jake with Geno-Horny, have they?

And, maybe Phil would be good for Sid right now? Lord knows almost everything else, including Reaves, has been tried for more than a completely random shift.

Problem with that is Sid won't ever play with Phil, i believe. So if Horny goes with G. That leaves Rust(who may be out), Simon, Sheary to go with Sid...I like the other way.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah I think it’s fair to say JR and co. screwed up on the Hunwick signing. Totally meh when he doesn’t suck. 2.25mm for 3 years of meh is bad for a cap team.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Problem with that is Sid won't ever play with Phil, i believe. So if Horny goes with G. That leaves Rust(who may be out), Simon, Sheary to go with Sid...I like the other way.

Well, in theory, Sully could tell him who he's playing with . . .

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Murray needs to be better. I'd maf had these numbers he'd be **** on relentlessly. Wait, he was. Love ya Matty but .900% ain't gonna get it done.

Geno was God mode.

Sid flipped of the hockey gods.

Well, if Murray had several years worth of playoff meltdowns and was told he needs to see a shrink, and wasn't fresh off b2b cups, he would probably get shit on.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
That's the thing. It's just hard to say any more.

Honestly, I’d be fine with riding out the season to a high pick. I know Crosby and Malkin aren’t getting any younger but this team just looks like it won’t wake up until they fail and get embarrassed. There are worse things than not f***ing up with a bad trade. The coaching staff also needs some self reflection. They’re not a perfect roster but they’re not the shit they’ve been so often,

If there is a major trade or if they miss the playoffs it should be made very clear to a lot of people that they’re responsible for it.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Phil works in the dirty areas, he just avoids most of the contact.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Depending who you get as the third line center, you may be able to go back to the three line model.

Pac - Sid - Horny
Jake/Sheary - Geno - Rust
Sheary/Jake - 3c - Phil

That's a killer top 9. But, meh, I am being unrealistic.

Hate the 2nd line. No jam.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Honestly, I’d be fine with riding out the season to a high pick. I know Crosby and Malkin aren’t getting any younger but this team just looks like it won’t wake up until they fail and get embarrassed. There are worse things than not ****ing up with a bad trade. The coaching staff also needs some self reflection. They’re not a perfect roster but they’re not the **** they’ve been so often,

If there is a major trade or if they miss the playoffs it should be made very clear to a lot of people that they’re responsible for it.

Barring the first or second pick it’s not really worth it. Plus these days you can barely miss the playoffs and still get one of those picks anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->