Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Blue Jackets 4 (SO) - No Letang, No Problem . . . Just as ColePens Foresaw It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
It would be nice for this team to start getting the first goal and leading after the first period. It seems the Pens are always chasing.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Gotta at least start racking up points consistently. I wanna see a couple good games against that have their crap together, and please god minimize the mistakes, but hey. Two points

Next 5 are Car/Det/Phi (all away) then Car(home)/Nyi(away).

No reason we shouldn't be able to go 4-1 in that. None of those teams save the Isles are even in the playoffs.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
He skates hard and battles but he ****ing sucks with the puck on his stick. Seriously he blows. He is the first guy that needs a change of scenery.
Hasnt he done this with pretty much every team hes been on? Comes in on fire, then starts to settle in and his lack of skill stands out. Gets traded, rinse, repeat.

Reactions: ColePens

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Sure, but Columbus was down more players this time as well, so gotta factor that into it. Also, our PP has this weird habit of looking better when anyone other than Letang is on it.

Cole was great, hes really the only guy on this team who plays with that physical edge other than Letang.

Whatchyall asking for letang?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well, we missed Shultz and Letang and had two guys go out during the game. We had a bit to overcome ourselves.

First period was awful but we came good. If Murray plays a little better we probably don’t need OT

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Annnnnnnnnnnnd the Pens win!

JwqixD4.gif

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Will this be the much needed boast they needed? Sure hope so. We'll see. Terrific comeback tonight.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So, we all wake tomorrow to see Cole traded?

Was about to ask what time you wake before realizing who posted this.

Now that I know it's you and that you'll be sleeping off quite the Jager bender . . . um . . . maybe?

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Some have said Maata and Hunwick had good games? They wre both minus 2 tonight. As far as Matta looking good on the powerplay? Any solid d man looks good with a man advantage. No Letang and Dumo wasn't a minus? Hmmmm

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
God help us all if we're seriously trading Cole and having Oleksiak and Hunwick play regularly.
Oleksiak has had two decent games and one not so decent game. Lets give him a bit, eh?

Hunwick on the other hand has had more than enough time, and is much older so a known quantity. He should never have been signed.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
So far tonight the Metro has picked up 9 of 10 possible points. Just amazing. Every night. They really need a run where they go 8-2 but it's going to have to come out of the thin air because they have not sustained good play for any length of time to this point this season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, KIRK and many others said - Cole's performance tonight was monster. We just don't have that in our defense. Can't give him up. Move Hunwick. Do not move Cole.

I liked Sully better when winning mattered more than his ego.

Of course, I also used to say the same of Bylsma, but I digress . . .

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So if you're JR what do you make of that game? As usual a turd of a first, but then the team wakes up.

Must be infuriating for him trying to decide whether moves need to be made because the team does occasionally show signs of life and they'll have a win like this which you think they might build a streak off of. And then they.....don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad