Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Blue Jackets 4 (SO) - No Letang, No Problem . . . Just as ColePens Foresaw It

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
WnMW4kN.gif

Just watched this AGAIN last night. :laugh: I love this part.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Murray needs to be better. I'd maf had these numbers he'd be shit on relentlessly. Wait, he was. Love ya Matty but .900% ain't gonna get it done.

Geno was God mode.

Sid flipped of the hockey gods.

Reactions: ColePens

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Not even gonna even pretend to get optimistic until we string together 3 or 4 wins in a row. This team is capable of just that. So go effin' do it boys. If we go ahead and lose the next game then this one is just another footnote.

Gotta at least start racking up points consistently. I wanna see a couple good games against that have their crap together, and please god minimize the mistakes, but hey. Two points

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
2 points against a metro team. Ill take it, but I'm also thankful that they were missing a third of their team..

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Murray needs to be better. I'd maf had these numbers he'd be **** on relentlessly. Wait, he was. Love ya Matty but .900% ain't gonna get it done.

Geno was God mode.

Sid flipped of the hockey gods.

Murray has backed this team to two Cups. Let's cut him some slack. Oh and including he shut the Preds out in game 5 and 6... After Fleury blew it vs Ottawa.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I honestly don't even know what to say. Murray had a stinker. Geno was a beast. Geno willed this team to victory. Oleksiak ****ing sucked. Hunwick ****ing sucks. I'd move Hunwick 491094019x before Cole.

We won... somehow. :laugh: And those 2 points are insane.

Let me see if I have this right . . .

We beat Columbus with Letang in a shootout.

With Murray looking like crap, we beat Columbus in a shootout WITHOUT Letang by scoring 2 ES goals and with the PP looking infinitely better with Maatta (really liked the Geno and Horny in front of the net look at times).

That said, IF we trade Letang, then we have to keep Hunwick. Dude did everything in his power tonight to make up for what Letang has been contributing defensively (Oleksiak too).

A heart and soul game from Cole, and THAT is the guy we're looking to move. **** me.

Repeat after me everyone . . .

@ColePens GDT > Letang

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Score two ES goals. Best 5v5 game of the year. Good god is our bar set low this year.

More to it than that. We looked like the 2016 pens again. Three lines rolled out and got us consistent Scoring chances.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Biggest thing for better starts/consistency is keeping the damn lines that got them back tonight. Just flippin' stick with em for 10 games in a row...

Jake-Sid-Horny
Hags-G-Phil
Sheary-Sheahan-DiPauli/Reaves/ZAR/Sprong
Kuhn-Sheahan-Dipauli/Reaves/ZAR/Sprong

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Let me see if I have this right . . .

We beat Columbus with Letang in a shootout.

With Murray looking like crap, we beat Columbus in a shootout WITHOUT Letang by scoring 2 ES goals and with the PP looking infinitely better with Maatta (really liked the Geno and Horny in front of the net look at times).

That said, IF we trade Letang, then we have to keep Hunwick. Dude did everything in his power tonight to make up for what Letang contributes defensively (Oleksiak too).

A heart and soul game from Cole, and THAT is the guy we're looking to move. **** me.

Sure, but Columbus was down more players this time as well, so gotta factor that into it. Also, our PP has this weird habit of looking better when anyone other than Letang is on it.

Cole was great, hes really the only guy on this team who plays with that physical edge other than Letang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->