Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Senators 0 - Pens Clinch #2 In Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
You can tell me whatever the hell you want, it still doesn't make it a good decision.

I'm not gonna change my mind because it worked out. My premise was clear and I stand by it. People can drink and drive, yet get away with it. It doesn't make it wise to do so.

Your analogies are dumb and you should rethink them.

:laugh: Ryder is right no matter what.

Like Stalin, Ryder cannot fail, he can only be failed.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I like playing thebbackup in the last RS game for a few reasons, main one is that the backup likely won’t play for a while, but if we (unfortunately) have need of his services in the playoffs, at least he will be less rusty than if he hadn’t played in the last 5 days of the RS as well.

Reactions: EightyOne

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I see where your head is at, but we need that 4th line to be a little better and that means we need Sheahan there and Brassard on the 3rd line. That's our best chance to roll 4 strong lines that teams would have trouble matching up against.

Guentzel, Crosby, Aston-Reese
Hagelin, Malkin, Hornqvist
Sheary, Brassard, Kessel
Kuhnhackl, Sheahan, Rust
this is what I woul roll game 1:
Jake Sid Simon
HGH
Sheary Sheahan Kessel (assuming Phil starts skating back)
ZAR Brass Rust

unfortunately Simon is not dressing so it would have to be
jake Sid Horny
Hags Geno Rust
Sheary Brass Kessel
Zar Sheahan Kuhn (move sheahan to 4th, this is no hands line, don't want to waste Brass on that line)

and this is how its gonna be rolled out:
jake sid rust
HGH
Sheary Brass Kessel
ZAR Sheahan Kuhn

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
jake sid rust
HGH
Sheary Brass Kessel
ZAR Sheahan Kuhn

I know it isn't how most people would roll the lines (I'd swap Sheary + ZAR, maybe Rust and Horny, or maybe just Sheary and Rust), but it is at least a solid roster with three lines that can score out of nowhere and three lines that are super hard to play against. As long as Sully reacts to things going wrong with it, I think we're in a decent place there.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
After 17-18 scoring finishes are
Crosby 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 6 10
Malkin 1 1 2 4

Ovechkin with a 4 point game (he's gonna want a hattrick anyways for 50) or Marchand with a couple 2 points could change that. That's not set in stone.

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Like I said yesterday.. Sidney doesn’t care about people criticism and opinions at all.. Evgeni Malkin as well. They both have nothing to else to prove but to continue do what they doing .. stay healthy.. win some more cups..2-3 it’s brutal but possible..etc.. it many key things that will keep them going and stay on the top of their elite self .. they just need effective solid wingers ..

All this constant nit picking.. he’s coasting bs.. he’s slow is bs.. no true.. he play great manageable healthy hockey despite long two seasons.. World Cup.. two concussions.. being hit 3 times this season.. dirty slash on hands wrist and probably played through a small injury with no consistency nor stability on his line..only simon, Sprong and Guentzel gave him little bit of that..bad d pairing of overrated Letang
..Definitely no comparisons should be with Mcdavid.. I don’t give rat butt about some Mcdavid . Mcdavid can have his points and whatever else.. Mcdavid isn’t on their elite all round level.. he isn’t better than them.. shouldn’t even be in the same sentence with them especially with Sidney Crosby ..

Sidney Crosby is about winning, being a great teammate, leader, captain , being the greatest ( keep evolving)he can be in all facets of game and keep getting better and like fine wine etc.. yes it would be nice to have 100 points.. 30th goals.. that’s not the big picture..it’s cup.. winning..

He will prevail with Guentzel on his side and win the CS again.. Malkin too...

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
There's no debate that Murray is our starter and our best goalie. However, yesterday DeSmith played better than Murray has all season. We really need MM to step it up.

Reactions: Andy99 and Sideline

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Boston needs 2 wins to not play Toronto in Rd 1.

Toronto has a Pittsburgh feel to them back in Sid’s early years. If they’re moving forward then I see them upsetting a 1st round opponent.

They played the Caps well last year.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
If good Sully shows come playoffs, we go deep. IF ARROGANT Sully continues... one and done.

People keep using the term "arrogant Sully" and comparing him to Dan Byslma.

Can I please have examples? Yes, Sullivan can be stubborn, but what coaches aren't? And please, anyone who's compares him to Disco, please explain.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Toronto has a Pittsburgh feel to them back in Sid’s early years. If they’re moving forward then I see them upsetting a 1st round opponent.

They played the Caps well last year.

I don’t see the upset if TB or BOS plays to their talent level....I’m sure they’d rather play TB given Vasy’s recent struggles and defensive struggles...they play the same wide open style as TOR but TOR has that Babcockian interference that never gets called....I could see an upset there if Vasy is a sieve. I don’t see BOS as a good matchup for TOR though...

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Brassard - Crosby - Guentzel
Hagelin - Malkin - Hornqvist
Sheary - Sheahan - Kessel
Aston-Reese - Jooris - Rust

That's what I'd like to see to start game 1 .

I like that. But unfortunately, Kuhn will be in the lineup, which will necessitate the wasting of Sheahan on the 4th line.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Boston needs 2 wins to not play Toronto in Rd 1.

Ottawa tonight, SHOULD win that.

Florida tomorrow. Florida will try, but I don't see them being overly desperate with Philly looking like a winner.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I see where your head is at, but we need that 4th line to be a little better and that means we need Sheahan there and Brassard on the 3rd line. That's our best chance to roll 4 strong lines that teams would have trouble matching up against.

Guentzel, Crosby, Aston-Reese
Hagelin, Malkin, Hornqvist
Sheary, Brassard, Kessel
Kuhnhackl, Sheahan, Rust

That 4th line was barely seeing any time with Sheahan on it before. It's honestly a diminishing returns kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad