Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 1 - What The **** Was That?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
BTW- i think you guys have some skewed expectations of the 4th Line, they were a bit Dull but did nothing to really hurt us. It's the 4th line.

My only issue was that horrible Laff penalty.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I still want to understand the coaching on the PK and what has them playing so passively.

They play at a standstill. It's very difficult to win the puck back or do anything really if you're starting from nothing. Not saying they should be buzzing around the zone but just intelligently pressure anywhere? Just once?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
BTW- i think you guys have some skewed expectations of the 4th Line, they were a bit Dull but did nothing to really hurt us. It's the 4th line.

The 4th line is getting absolutely slaughtered. It doesn't have anything to do with having massive expectations out of your 4th line, they're objectively bad right now.

They generate nothing offensively and spend 99% of their shifts stuck in the defensive zone. That's not "doing nothing", that's "getting caved".

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m impressed we actually won this game and played defense for much of the game except for some time in period two...

also impressed Sullivan actually switched something up between L1 and L2...it’s embarrassing we have to praise him for that...

Jarry...stunning turn around...got out of his net, good position...Matheson: he’s the guy to skate the puck out that we needed desperately...

everyone gets a plus tonight except for Jank and Laff...holy hell are they bad and need to be replaced...we can’t be the only ones to see this...try Angello, try anyone in WBS

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I like this season. Every game against a team you want to crack your knuckles against. With the likes of Hextall and Burke looking on.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
This game is all on Mike Sullivan. His line changes really sparked the team. You saw how it paid off on the score sheet. Crosby goal assisted by KK. ZMR combined for two more. Gotta give the pilot helmet to Sully.
only after 3 years of waiting:biglaugh: but yeah sully did it.:propeller

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Play with your pup and watch the replay. :D

DVR, a great boon to humankind.

Meanwhile, a small dragon guards his hoard :thumbu:
20210217_222052.jpg

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The 4th line is getting absolutely slaughtered. It doesn't have anything to do with having massive expectations out of your 4th line, they're objectively bad right now.

They generate nothing offensively and spend 99% of their shifts stuck in the defensive zone. That's not "doing nothing", that's "getting caved".

In fairness they were in the offensive zone when Lafferty took a "you should get sent down" penalty.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020

What is your hyperbole definition of "SLAUGHTERED"

Because they aren't great but they didn't bleed horrible chances. The worst chances were the end of the 2nd where we pinched twice and gave up 2 2-v-1 and a 3-v-1.

Could you tell me what time where and what periods they got caved for 2 minutes straight over and over?

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

I’m not sure what the timetables are on injuries, but once McCann and Rodrigues are back, the fourth line should see at least some improvements. For as much as I hated him with Crosby, Rodrigues would probably be really solid as a 4th liner.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I came in at 5min in the first but from then on, I thought it was a great game by nearly everyone.

I wish it was a swap of LWs, not RWs, but it's hard to argue with the results. Zucker getting that goal and the assist on the other, hopefully that's a little breakthrough he can build on. All in all, I thought he played great.

BART is a legit 3rd line.

Top pairing was okay, Letang is just...he's a 2nd pairing quality Letang at the moment.

Matheson looked fantastic like he built on last game. He has strengths and weaknesses. When those strengths come to like, it's obvious just like the weaknesses. Great to see from him though as what he showed us tonight is what the defense needs and what I imagine JR saw in him when he traded for him.

Petts-Ceci did very well too. Ceci rounding into form with another solid game. May not be a top pairing guy but he's doing a'ok on the 3rd pairing. Great to see..

Jarry, man oh man did he need a game like this. Thank god.

And this was against an Islanders team that has been buzzing lately. This wasn't a slouch of a team. This isn't a bottom feeder. And we legit worked them all game.

Reactions: RSPens

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
+++++Matheson, playing with confidence and being a major part in all these goals. Gonna make our LD situation really interesting once Dumo gets healthy.
+++Jarry, no words amazing game
+Top lines scoring, flip the RWs and both lines score. Magic
+Petts/Ceci pair, silently playing really good
+BART, as always. ZAR looks really fast

-Sam Lafferty and Mark Jankowski

I will say this now, Matheson will be worth his contract and that trade will go down as another Rutherford steal. I have seen enough of him to guarantee it. Hold me to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad