Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 1 - What The **** Was That?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
I’m not sure what the timetables are on injuries, but once McCann and Rodrigues are back, the fourth line should see at least some improvements. For as much as I hated him with Crosby, Rodrigues would probably be really solid as a 4th liner.

Obviously, we don't have much talent who can score with McCann and Rod injuries. DOC, Jank, Laff... I mean did you really think they were going to get 1 goal a night?

@Gurglesons has the numbers, 4th lines don't score a goal as often as people think.

Also:
upload_2021-2-18_18-54-50.png

Sorry, they were barely on the ice for 2 shifts a period.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Rutherford has hit on his last 5 defensman pickups (Pettersson, Marino, POJ, Matheson, and Ceci). Some people need to eat crow around here.5 defensman added you g or in primes.

I'm not sure I'd call a 4M per year Pets a 'hit', but that's a debate for another time.

Reactions: Lustaf

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I think they fall apart. They have only played 11 games and I think they have the bruins number.

they are gona get hammered with games later in the season. Let’s see how they hold up when they play every other day for 2 months straight.

Issue is we suck against them even when they're bad. Hughes coming into his own definitely changes things a bit.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'd just say play it really aggressive and use the sticks in shooting lanes.

Don't go crazy but pressure the points once in a blue moon. And stop going to the ground so much. Yeah I get it stop the pass from getting over but A) they aren't and B) that's the kinda stuff that makes it impossible to ever get the puck back without the goalie freezing it or the other team clearing it on themselves with a missed shot or something.

Reactions: vodeni

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Issue is we suck against them even when they're bad. Hughes coming into his own definitely changes things a bit.

ehh these aren’t the same devils. I think them playing with speed and skill might be a better match up for us. We have struggled against more defensive minded teams.

Reactions: Andy99

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dumo was one of the best skaters before injured. Hopefully he recovers and is back to his old form. But this D is deep when healthy and credit GMJR for adding good guys on the back end. If everyone plays their roles in minutes and pairings Pens have the best D since 2016.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I'm not sure I'd call a 4M per year Pets a 'hit', but that's a debate for another time.

Pettersson already proved he can play 2nd pairing last season at 23 years old. I think he is worth his money and will only get better. That being said either Dumoulin or Pettersson will go eventually because POJ and Matheson are going to be in your top 6. I would keep the depth this season unless someone offers something really good. I still would like to keep the younger defensman having the LD 26, 24, and 21.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Dumo was one of the best skaters before injured. Hopefully he recovers and is back to his old form. But this D is deep when healthy and credit GMJR for adding good guys on the back end. If everyone plays their roles in minutes and pairings Pens have the best D since 2016.

I hope Dumo gets back into form.

We might have a trade chip (whatever Defensemen) that can get us some more scoring for 3rd/4th line (as well as cover an injury)

McCann/Rod shows you how bad we are after that.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

even prime dumo was never as good as Matheson and Poj. Dumo was a strong skater but he never had the flow they do.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
trade him, we really don't need him, get a decent 4th line center for him

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Might not have looked as competent if the usual 2021 Jarry showed up.

Maybe we should have more knee jerk reactions and drop the rest of our assets to get a superior goalie...

Patience. Clearly TJ started poorly and he's been getting hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->