Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 1 - What The **** Was That?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Who would have thought that judging the Matheson trade after 2 games would look dumb this quickly? No one could have seen this coming.

But for real, dude's been awesome for the Penguins. Trade Dumoulin for futures after the year and stick with Pettersson, POJ and Matheson as your LD. That's a strong LD group overall.

Go back and ready posts back then because someone was saying it.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Jarry was great, this happens when you have competent goaltending...if he played like before none of this other things matter...
great game by our d-man...we gave up too many shots but thats due to first and fourth line hemmed down all the time allowing a ton of shots, but not too many high danger chances
Matheson, man its good to see for a change someone come to Pens with actual stick skills...marino and Math may be our secret weapon
I did not like Tanger's game tonight, seemed lost in space somehow, but POJ was falwless cleaning up and covering for him...
third pair was more than solid, both CC and Petts
-- for first line, they were terrible, masked by our overall game, but Kappy won't last too long with Sid, he is lazy player wihtout puck..and that won't fly with Sid, still time to improve but I am sceptic...
second line was pretty solid, can't fathom hate here, they played very well
Third line was very very good, not just defensively but also creating
---fourth line is waste, they need to do something there
PK was awful...just got lucky tonight
PP was good, except Tanger's totally lost on 5 on 3, he wasted 40 seconds keeping puck on his stick seating on the blue line

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Rutherford has hit on his last 5 defensman pickups (Pettersson, Marino, POJ, Matheson, and Ceci). Some people need to eat crow around here, 5 defensman added young or in primes.

Last edited:

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Devils are looking scary btw.

I think they fall apart. They have only played 11 games and I think they have the bruins number.

they are gona get hammered with games later in the season. Let’s see how they hold up when they play every other day for 2 months straight.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What does the "fof" in his twatter name stand for? Anyone know? Forged in Fire? That would sweeeeet.

I think when McCann get's back, that's the trigger for Hextall to make his first move. I wonder if we could make something work around both Guadette and Virtanen.

Think it was an old blog initials

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jarry was great, this happens when you have competent goaltending...if he played like before none of this other things matter...
great game by our d-man...we gave up too many shots but thats due to first and fourth line hemmed down all the time allowing a ton of shots, but not too many high danger chances
Matheson, man its good to see for a change someone come to Pens with actual stick skills...marino and Math may be our secret weapon
I did not like Tanger's game tonight, seemed lost in space somehow, but POJ was falwless cleaning up and covering for him...
third pair was more than solid, both CC and Petts
-- for first line, they were terrible, masked by our overall game, but Kappy won't last too long with Sid, he is lazy player wihtout puck..and that won't fly with Sid, still time to improve but I am sceptic...
second line was pretty solid, can't fathom hate here, they played very well
Third line was very very good, not just defensively but also creating
---fourth line is waste, they need to do something there
PK was awful...just got lucky tonight
PP was good, except Tanger's totally lost on 5 on 3, he wasted 40 seconds keeping puck on his stick seating on the blue line

I was unaware there was any hate for what Zucker-Malkin-Rust did tonight.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
What does the "fof" in his twatter name stand for? Anyone know? Forged in Fire? That would sweeeeet.

I think when McCann get's back, that's the trigger for Hextall to make his first move. I wonder if we could make something work around both Guadette and Virtanen.

I don’t see any players moved without getting a look. He will get a few games at least first

Reactions: SEALBound
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad