Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 2 - SAVE US #30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
- Oleksiak: It's so hard when watching on TV what Sully isn't liking. I thought he had an okay performance from what I saw. Sully isn't liking something and his minutes are suffering. I wish i had an overhead angle to see where he is w/ his gap, depth, and what he's doing to support the play. Ruh/Oleksiak is an up/down experiment. When/if Hunwick comes in, I won't be shocked.

Positioning? Losing his man in the defensive zone? Granted, it's hard to tell on TV because you can only see what the TV shows you, and it's usually focused where the puck is. But, from limited views, I notice Oleksiak has a tendency to be out of position a bit too much. Whether it's bad pinches or being slow to react to cover an open guy, I've noticed he can be a bit raw in that regard.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017

Lloyd-Christmas-Cry-and-Gag-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
When was the last time he scored a goal? Point blank opportunities...he’s a winger...if he was a NHL player he’d have put one in....even Hags, Rust would have put that in....

Solid analysis...

Hags can't even elevate a backhand. Simon was off by a bit, totally fooled Holtby. Kid has NHL skill.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think the argument would be that he knows it works, it's just not the style he wants to play for 82 games a year.

That sounds about right. We all know Hornqvist can be a pretty intense guy. Maybe that gets to Sid a bit but when the playoffs start if that’s what’s best for the team it’s game on.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Completely random fantasy: Fleury keeps on posting surreal stats getting Vegas to the final... where he comes up against the Pens, wilts in the worst GAF way imaginable, and sports a Penguins sweater for the handshake line, celebrating our three-peat with the guys with his patented smile never once leaving his mug :D .

MAF is such a team player for the Pens! Can they petition to put his name on the Cup in that case? lol.

I had the same amount of shots on Holtby as that line did.

Daaayyyuuummmm!

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Completely random fantasy: Fleury keeps on posting surreal stats getting Vegas to the final... where he comes up against the Pens, wilts in the worst GAF way imaginable, and sports a Penguins sweater for the handshake line, celebrating our three-peat with the guys with his patented smile never once leaving his mug :D .
If this happens I will have the biggest mixed emotion crisis in history.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
It would be great to see Simon develop a scoring touch. He's a smart skilled little player but he's got one muffin of a shot. It is pretty frustrating watching him miss all of the opportunities he gets.

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Horny keeps ****ing with him by scoring...

Not getting rid of him that easy
That’s bull shit and bad narrative.

I know sid personally sid they great friends on and off the ice..

They have their emotional moments just like Geno and Phil. Nothing wrong with that. It’s a emotional game game because you want vto win and get the job.

People ran with that because they had a heated moment when sid scream at him on the after he dump it and Sid wanted the puck two year ago in the playoffs.
They actually hug and smile a lot with each other. Fierce competitors .
Hornqvist isn’t slow. He fast but but he isn’t that fast like Hags ..he improved his game and is the top winger with Phil and Jake..
he’s great player and Doesn’t his job well. Very fit and evolved his game..

He has changed his game to not only go to net but to pass, make plays, support, bring grit among other things.. he look exceptionally faster this season. He’s underrated. Sid doesn’t have a problem with Hornqvist. He does like way more faster guys . Hornqvist isn’t slow and has gotten fast over the past year or two.

I truly believe and know sid hate Sheary on his line than Hornqvist..

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
I don’t know why everyone is hard on simon but Simon does his job . I will take him over zar and Sheary with Sprong..
you can’t get mad at Simon hasn’t been in the lineup to bring consistent scoring.

He was ok good in this game despite his chance didn’t go through..
Simon will give heavy forechecks, creative with the puck , support well and he’s fast etc.. he just have work on being more defensively sound than he is..
He points in his game back..

Reactions: PensandCaps

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
That is not an accurate description from what I've seen. They didn't let up silly goals or bad plays. Kept play in the zone. Did their job.
No, no, they were bad. In all facets of the game. Pretty damn bad, actually. I can't wait for Geno to get back, A. so we have Geno back, and B. so we can put Sheahan back on the 4th line and potentially create a legitimate NHL-caliber line again.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It would be great to see Simon develop a scoring touch. He's a smart skilled little player but he's got one muffin of a shot. It is pretty frustrating watching him miss all of the opportunities he gets.

First opportunity he had he probably should have nailed that. He did it so well then not to finish

The second big opportunity I think it was bad ice and he couldn’t elevate the wobbly puck.

Excited to see how he goes next season. Has a lot of skill. Not waiver exempt next season either.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don’t know why everyone is hard on simon but Simon does his job . I will take him over zar and Sheary with Sprong..
you can’t get mad at Simon hasn’t been in the lineup to bring consistent scoring.

He was ok good in this game despite his chance didn’t go through..
Simon will give heavy forechecks, creative with the puck , support well and he’s fast etc.. he just have work on being more defensively sound than he is..
He points in his game back..

Simon had a good game, I thought. He just didn't bury his chances. But he showed the smarts to get in position to have those chances.

If he keeps doing what he did, eventually those should go in. Hopefully.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Missing out on Grade A scoring chances...it doesnt matter what the name is on the back of the jersey, HFPens board is gonna be frustrated. lol.

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
Seriously, where are the folks who kept saying that? The narrative only seems to be brought up when they're apart, but there's no explanation for why Sid has no issue with it when they're together for a stretch of games.
Right . Only thing sid get mad when happen to continue to dump and chase the puck that’s all..

Hornqvist has changed and adapted his game to how Sid and Geno game..
I see Hornqvist do more things then going to net .. he’s underrated and evolved..
Sid and Hornqvist is fine

Sid was more piss off to play with Sheary and Hornqvist than Jake and Hornqvist which is way more effective..

You see the difference in Hornqvist this season and these past series and this one..

I remembered early in the season Hornqvist and Sid were creating/getting points while Sheary was the lost wing his line..

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
They didn't though. They just got lucky. Eventually they will get steam rolled.

Not even a shot attempt?! Jesus Christ that's bad

Eh. I'll agree with but only with disagreement. The 4L is not out there to score. They can cycle the puck in the ozone for the entirety of their shifts with no shots, so they sucked? Nawh. Hockey don't work that way.

They were even and that works.

Reactions: Peat

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
Simon had a good game, I thought. He just didn't bury his chances. But he showed the smarts to get in position to have those chances.

If he keeps doing what he did, eventually those should go in. Hopefully.
Exactly. I like him in the line up. He earned his spot and I see a great upside from him when get more games to show what he do.. I love watching him. He was good with Kessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad